Yukon Denali windshield replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
O

October

Reaction score
Got mine replaced already. I took apart everything myself before the glass guy showed up so all he had to do was take off the old windshield and put the new one on. Everything is pretty straight forward on this truck. Glass took over a month to get from GM probably because mine is the Denali with HUD option.

4WheeledCommando

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello Fellas! Had to register again since I've been off the site for quite a while!

Will hold back the Horrible Details with my insurance company over this matter of Factory Glass & Aftermarket Glass!

1st And Foremost, don't EVER replace your "Windshield" with Aftermarket Glass! Only Factory!...
Factory Glass goes through Manufacturer Stringent Testing Mandated by the Federal DOT And NHTSA!
For High Speed-Impact Safety! And Multiple Impacts & Structural Survivability!
Aftermarket Glass, Does Not!

Aftermarket Glass, is a Copy of the OEM Glass Only! Using DOT Approved Glass-Laminates for Safety Glass!
Remember PPG Getting Sued over their Windshields?
Those of You who were still kids or teenagers back in 1999, here it is;
http://law.justia.com/cases/california/supreme-court/4th/20/310.html

Many of you enjoying your 1st Big Purchase or New SUV/Vehicle, do you really want to put Cheap Glass in your
$70K-Plus Shiny New SUV? or $130K-Plus, In Your Cadillac Escalade?

Make Sure! Your Insurance Broker/Agent doesn't lie to You about your Windshield Replacement Coverage!
Within a Year of Purchase of a NEW VEHICLE-(That's the Catch 22), Insurance Companies Must Pay For Factory-OEM Glass by Law!
So, if You don't have, Premium Glass Coverage, You don't Get It "AUTOMATICALLY" even if YOU have a FERRARI!
Anyone remember the episode of "Gas Monkey Garage" With the FERRARI F40? Windshield Cost $30K!

So! After my 2011 Yukon Denali Windshield just Popped in my driveway causing an 11-inch hairline fracture, I called my
Insurance Company for Claim! No Problem! Until, I was referred by the GMC Dealer to an Outsourced Glass Installer!
My Insurance Company Would only Pay for Aftermarket Glass! Factory would be another $700! out of pocket expense!
Just Popped in my driveway? No Recalls? Tension Problems? Possibly Defective Glass? Yes! And Still, No Factory Replacement!

Went after my Insurance Company and left! Signed Up with New Insurance Company With Premium Glass Coverage!
And Put Claim in, 3-days later! And got New Factory Glass!
This happened before Thanksgiving Week of November 2015! Last Week!

Nobodies Life Is Cheap! So, Why Have Cheap Glass Upfront! It's Your Last Chance At A 2nd Chance! Right?...
And, Don't Forget who's riding up front with you!

Hope this info helps! And keeps You & Your Family Safe!
http://www.carwindshields.info/windshield-manufacturers-oem-dealer-and-aftermarket

dkman610

Reaction score
Just got my Yukon Denali and a pebble chipped the windshield! Epoxy repair did not work, so now considering replacing the windshield. Thoughts....
1. Anyone have experience having their windshield replaced?
2. I am paranoid they will take apart and assemble the rearview mirror module and break plastic tabs on the cover etc. Anyone have experience on how to do this properly?
3. Do you need to remove the vinyl section below the windshield and take apart the wiper arms?
4. Mine has the HUD, so I would think the replacement would be an OEM part.
Thanks.
Hi,
Had my original windshield replaced today as well I felt a difference too and noticed the windshield didn't have the tint on top or bottom of the windshield even though I did raise a stink with the BODY SHOP and the insurance company anout replacing the windshield with one that is stamped GM. Instead I got a PGM. I got some road spray that triggered my rain sensor and the HUD was looking slightly different. I'm annoyed about this. How has the replacement gone for you and has anyone else any input to replacing with OEM "replacement" glass? Very frustrated about this and need to determine if I should get it replaced again. Please anyone help.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC