Yukon Denali Duramax - Is it slow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoNoGo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I should've been more clear, I generally "remote start" my 6.2L and 3.0 Duramax suburban's when at the house before departing. The v8 gasser is toasty warm by the time it self-shuts off (around 10-min) while the Duramax isn't blowing hot air, rather I have to be a couple miles down our bumpy gravel road @ 25-30 mph before I'm feeling toasty warm.

Anyway, I wasn't poo-pooing the 3.0 Duramax.. love mine, rather I was touching on my observations of driving both around 2500-mi each now :thumbsup:

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I should've been more clear, I generally "remote start" my 6.2L and 3.0 Duramax suburban's when at the house before departing. The v8 gasser is toasty warm by the time it self-shuts off (around 10-min) while the Duramax isn't blowing hot air, rather I have to be a couple miles down our bumpy gravel road @ 25-30 mph before I'm feeling toasty warm.

Anyway, I wasn't poo-pooing the 3.0 Duramax.. love mine, rather I was touching on my observations of driving both around 2500-mi each now :thumbsup:
I'm trying to wrap my head around remote starting to warm up a truck in Georgia :)

CTown Duramax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LM2 has more than enough thrust to keep up with the aggressive driving that goes on here. It seems plenty fast for a passenger car. Mine does not run out of steam over 80, goes fine. It certainly keeps pulling hard past 80, enough so that you have to watch out (80mph is the unofficial speed limit here). I think this would be a fine engine for Western USA states.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrSpork