Your 0-60 times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
02_Tahoe

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually on this tuner it doesn't show exactly when the 1/4 mile had ended and I let off the gas a little early. I wasn't really shooting for 1/4 mile time I'm actually trying to increase my 0-60mph. The cam I have really starts making power at about 2,200 through 6,100. The pull in this range is really amazing.

I raced a stock 2016 mustang gt from about 30mph and pulled him about 1.5 car lengths and let off at 90mph. I know for sure that he can beat me off the line which is why I'm trying to increase my launch
12 seconds is crazy for a 5500 pound truck and you don't have any FI. I don't get how your 0-60 is 8 but your 1/4 is that fast

Maximus1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
  • How much horse power are you running right now? Been on a dyno?

And here I am being a nay-sayer, but you would need a Bunch of power to outrun a car that dynos around 375 to the wheels AND weighs 1200 pounds less than a typical tahoe. Either the Mustang driver wasn't racing or he's a ****** driver.
    Not dynoed, but the guy that did the custom HP tune said that he thought it would be around or close to 500. He said he wouldn't be surprised if it was over. I'm actually going to put it on the dyno at Midwest Street Cars Automotive if I can get a good price. After talking to Chris if I'm not happy with this setup he suggested that I do the same mods to a 6.0L. He said that my ECM and wiring harness will work. The driver was clearly wanting to race. Been doing this for over 20 years. I'm not saying I blew his doors off I mean 1.5 car lengths at 90mph is maybe half of a second if that. As for driving in a straight line there isn't much to it. No offense,but I really don't care whether you believe it or not. I'm not on here to lie. I just post some information on here to prove that with the right combination of parts even a old heavy Tahoe can be competitive. Next time I'll try and post a video if I can remember to.

Last edited:

jaywoo65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What mods? Edit: I found them on the first page. Just for reference, I had an LS-1 2002 Camaro SS with a TSP cam (I think a 232/236 112 lsa and 598 lift if my memory is good), long tubes into cutouts, ported and polished throttle body and a tune from a guy on LS-1 tech and dyno'd 405 through a 6 speed. And 567 rwhp on a 175 shot. Stock heads aside from different springs. You won't hit that number with your mods, through an auto transmission.

If you want a real race against a Mustang, I'd say to go over to svtperformance.com and post on there that you can put 1 and a half on a 16 Mustang GT. You'll have plenty of volunteers to race you.

Last edited:

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is what my bully dog said my times are. Now I only use this as a gauge to monitor transmission temperature and other things that the dashboard doesn't provide not a tune. As stated before I have the HP custom tune. I'm not sure how accurate this is either. I did my 0-60mph with a stopwatch and I got around 7 seconds

View attachment 81608
Just to put this in perspective I ran my 05 GTO stock minus a ported throttle body down the 1/8th mile and it did 2.0 60 ft and trapped 89mph in like 8.7 or 8.8 secs. The only way you trap 80 mph at 12 secs is with a 10 sec car letting off the gas at 1000ft and your 60ft times and all would be much lower..

That being said Tahoes and such can be pretty fast with mods. I would love to see my hoe hit a high 13 sec quarter mile na..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score

he may be close when he actually gets his build done... LSA s/c would def. make it fun.
( i am in the 5's w/ my '15 burb & a s/c)

& maximus, i bet yours sounds awesome. that is a nice list of mods.
yours might have more in it w/ cam, gears & trans work. might just need to play w/ launch.

jarydM

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
How much horse power are you running right now? Been on a dyno?

And here I am being a nay-sayer, but you would need a Bunch of power to outrun a car that dynos around 375 to the wheels AND weighs 1200 pounds less than a typical tahoe. Either the Mustang driver wasn't racing or he's a ****** driver.
****** drivers in fast cars NEED to be beaten down, and the less of a performance car that beats them, the better. I've outrun mustangs and Challengers here too, its not to hard because the ******* behind the wheel doesn't know what he's doing. All the more reason to smoke him, especially when he comes to the light growling that monster at me, and lurching like he thinks I'm in some hot-rod. i LOVE beating those guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne