Your 0-60 times

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maximus1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I was going faster than 80mph on my 1/4 mile mph

Maximus1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They have done some footage for an episode here in Baytown at Royal Purple Raceway, on Friday nights they have a safe street night. $20 and you get to run a NHRA sanctioned 1/4 mile track in your street rod/ daily driver. I've seen from Mercedes to Pintos go down the track.
I wasn't there that weekend when the S/O were there but it was all over RPR's Facebook.
There isn't many daily drivers that put out really great times. Most of the times even the factory hot rods only do low 10s, and high 9s in the quarter. It's when you get the guys that spend the big bucks do you see some low ETs.
Ummm running a 10 or 9 second 1/4 mile on a daily driver is extremely fast. Maybe you meant 1/8 mile?

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ummm running a 10 or 9 second 1/4 mile on a daily driver is extremely fast. Maybe you meant 1/8 mile?
No I'm talking the Z07 vetts and SRT8s and other factory hot rods, with mods of course.
All had license plates and tags.

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the time you see the 13s 14s and 15s. The good times are from the "serious" guys. It is sometimes comical to see what people want to run down the track. It's all for fun to run your hooptey on the track.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My local track (State Capitol Raceway) is about 3 miles from my house as the crow flies. I can hear them running from my back porch. Fridays are almost always the test-n-tune nights. For $10, you can grab a seat in the stands or stand by the cars as they're lined up at the tree (bring ear plugs!) and inhale all the burnt rubber and avgas fumes you can handle.

The T-N-T nights are the best because of the randomness that runs the 1/4 on those nights- nitrous and turbo bikes, 4-wheelers, stock SUVs, 9-second FWDs, top fuel and Jr. dragsters.

Maximus1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the time you see the 13s 14s and 15s. The good times are from the "serious" guys. It is sometimes comical to see what people want to run down the track. It's all for fun to run your hooptey on the track.
I was really surprised that I had broken into the 12 second range kinda disappointed about the 0-60mph time

Maximus1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually on this tuner it doesn't show exactly when the 1/4 mile had ended and I let off the gas a little early. I wasn't really shooting for 1/4 mile time I'm actually trying to increase my 0-60mph. The cam I have really starts making power at about 2,200 through 6,100. The pull in this range is really amazing.

I raced a stock 2016 mustang gt from about 30mph and pulled him about 1.5 car lengths and let off at 90mph. I know for sure that he can beat me off the line which is why I'm trying to increase my launch

jaywoo65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much horse power are you running right now? Been on a dyno?

And here I am being a nay-sayer, but you would need a Bunch of power to outrun a car that dynos around 375 to the wheels AND weighs 1200 pounds less than a typical tahoe. Either the Mustang driver wasn't racing or he's a ****** driver.

Last edited: