XM Radio Station Artwork Showing On Your Screen??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kittmaster

Reaction score
My 2016 Yukon XL is in the shop (again) and I have an Infiniti QX80 as a loner. It has an XM subscription active and I was listening to some stations and notice that station like XM43, XM42 (Backspins and the Joint) show active "cover art" as well as all the other info of the track etc.

I've been asking my dealer about why mine doesn't show it, but can't get an answer as to why it isn't showing up when clearly they are sending the image data with each channel.

Can anyone tell me if their radio shows the radio "cover art/logo" for each channel??

If you do, what year, radio do you have?

Looking for fast answers as they have the truck and may fix it if I can confirm it should be working etc.

Thank you.

Chris

OP
OP
Kittmaster

Kittmaster

Reaction score
I've had multiple issues with the radio and USB operation where the track plays, music stops for like 20-30 seconds but the playhead indicator is still moving forward and then suddenly the audio starts playing at the pointer location 20-30 seconds later. This time the USB port behind the screen and USB ports in the middle front console stopped working, the USB in the glove box has been flawless.

They are replacing both ports, got it back late last night, neither one works after replacing them.....you'd think they'd check their work. It's not the drive, pop it right in the glove box and it starts playing immediately.

Frustrating to say the least.

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2016 Yukon XL is in the shop (again) and I have an Infiniti QX80 as a loner. It has an XM subscription active and I was listening to some stations and notice that station like XM43, XM42 (Backspins and the Joint) show active "cover art" as well as all the other info of the track etc.

I've been asking my dealer about why mine doesn't show it, but can't get an answer as to why it isn't showing up when clearly they are sending the image data with each channel.

Can anyone tell me if their radio shows the radio "cover art/logo" for each channel??

If you do, what year, radio do you have?

Looking for fast answers as they have the truck and may fix it if I can confirm it should be working etc.

Thank you.

Chris

I put the same question to my dealer after I bought my Tahoe LTZ back in 2016 when I noticed my BMW was displaying SAT radio artwork and the Tahoe did not. I could never get a straight answer. I had all but forgotten about this since I listen to far more content via USB than I do radio.

If anyone has an answer/explanation or fix I'd be curious to know what the deal is....

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 15 Silverado does not show it.

Slong

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2018 doesn't show it either

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dd350

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's not coming from the satellite at all -- SiriusXM doesn't send cover art. It's coming from the Internet through a lookup service like MusicDB.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure my ram showed the xm logoslogo it's been so long since I had it and I drove it so infrequently I may be wrong.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure my ram showed the xm logoslogo it's been so long since I had it and I drove it so infrequently I may be wrong.
My best friends mom has a 16 ram 3500 limited CCSB that I get to drive when I stay at their house whenever they go out of town. I drove hers last week and was listening the highway country on XM 56 and I noticed the screen showed the artwork.

F20CB6CA-AC6F-4F48-8EAB-7B337E7BDFF3.png

OP
OP
Kittmaster

Kittmaster

Reaction score
This is what I saw when I was driving my rental:

20180216_111224.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member