Would you buy your Yukon/Tahoe again?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My co-worker told me today that his 2017 Yukon XL (SLT) started throwing all kinds of warning lights. The transmission was all of a sudden clunky and hard to get in gear. He only has 8,000 miles.

The dealer told him there are “seals loose” and “something” leaked. He’ll probably need a new transmission. They told him they’re keeping his truck for at least 2-3 weeks.

What’s interesting is the part that was most upsetting to him is that they gave him a Chevy Cruise as a loaner (LOL), when he was planning on taking his family camping next week. So now he’s trying to rent a Suburban from Alamo on his own dime. Poor guy.

This shouldn’t be happening on a practically new vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine started clunking before it blew out too it's not that they don't cover it it's that your with no truck for a week. These trucks are so weird some guys get 150k trouble free and some guys get 0 trouble free. I like this truck but reliability sucks. Love the 6.2, the general feel, interior, but it all circles back to reliability for me in the end.

jac1304

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I watch this thread and I left with wondering should I buy or not buy... or just settle for another import i.e. mdx.. (I know its a lot smaller)

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I watch this thread and I left with wondering should I buy or not buy... or just settle for another import i.e. mdx.. (I know its a lot smaller)
As this forum did to you, the MDXers forum did to me. The current platform of MDX is garbage. But I wasn’t all that impressed with my 2013 Advance either so I didn’t bother returning.

The XC90 is decent but looks to still be junk.

Q7 is decent but third row and beyond is small and German maintenance costs.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Buddy’s wife just got an 18. Will be interesting to see how it holds up. His last one went for 10 years.

One of my good friend’s wife also has one. They’ve had theirs for 8 years and still love it. I remember them saying something about the seat configurations and how child/car seat friendly they are. Plus it drives very smoothly.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of my good friend’s wife also has one. They’ve had theirs for 8 years and still love it. I remember them saying something about the seat configurations and how child/car seat friendly they are. Plus it drives very smoothly.

The new ones are VERY nice. The interiors are a big step above GMC right now.

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new ones are VERY nice. The interiors are a big step above GMC right now.
BIG step. GM compensated with hideous shapes and over styling throughout the cabin. Plastic still in too many places. The 8” infotainment looks a bit small and the graphics are so low res it’s disappointing. But I still love mine somehow lol it’s special in its own way I guess. I just wish the interior were better. My X5 and wife’s Grand Cherokee spoiled me.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Buddy’s wife just got an 18. Will be interesting to see how it holds up. His last one went for 10 years.
My 06 V8 XC90 did great. Sold it 4 years ago when we could no longer justify having an XC90 and a Suburban.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094