Would you buy your Yukon/Tahoe again?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would agree with this as I did notice when I was in a family members '17 SLT Premium that the jet black leather seats were definitely softer feeling than our 2015 and other 16s I've been in. The cushion felt more plush. Design is obviously the same and the subtle change probably wouldn't be notice by most.

I bet the seats in my 04 Denali are softer than both of those.

shewstring

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Interesting. Where did you hear that the seats were changed and MRC retuned? I have a 16 denali
I heard from the Service Department that there was a change...I can tell you from direct comparison between the 15 and 17 there is a difference. I did not do a comparison on part #s for the shocks or seats though to verify.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet the seats in my 04 Denali are softer than both of those.

yes they are...and are great if you want non support lazy boy feel (those days are over). I am one that prefers the firmer euro style. THey were okay but i didn't care for the pillow feel over time with our previous yukons and suburbans.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes they are...and are great if you want non support lazy boy feel (those days are over). I am one that prefers the firmer euro style. THey were okay but i didn't care for the pillow feel over time with our previous yukons and suburbans.

I like the softer feel, especially on long drives. I'd prefer a stiffer seat if I were driving a sports car.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am one that prefers the firmer euro style. THey were okay but i didn't care for the pillow feel over time with our previous yukons and suburbans.

My back feels a lot better with the firmer seats on those long runs to NYC which could take up to 35 hours with nasty gridlock instead of the normal 24 hours from Miami-NYC.

15YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the softer feel, especially on long drives. I'd prefer a stiffer seat if I were driving a sports car.
I Like both for different reasons. The softer old style feels more comforting to me than the newer. Newer is firmer. It's all preference.

Last edited:

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was aware of it before we purchased and thought it would be something I'd always be aware of and it hasn't one bit(2yrs now).

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2017 Suburban Premier, so I guess I'm chadandhisburb now lol

I'm at 14k troublefree miles and knocking on wood that it stays that way.

The only issue I have is worrying constantly that I could develop the buffeting/vibration issues.

While I find the interior design to be a little tacky and hideous, I do really like spending time in this vehicle. The seats are comfortable, it's quiet, decently powerful and it does what we've asked of it. I hope it continues to stay this way.

I know a lot of mom's that have burbs, XL Denalis and ESVs at my son's school. They all brag on their ride. So either they're too stupid to realize they have an issue (which could be possible) or they are actually good suvs too. I haven't ran into anyone in person with actual issues with the 2015+ other than some still say they are ugly.

Yes I would buy again, and I have. I've purchased a 2017 Tahoe LT for my company.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf