Would I Benefit From A Black Bear Tune?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mals

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So how'd it go? Results what you expected?
Haven't even started the process with Black Bear.

I tested the unit, updated the firmware, and loaded in the vehicle specific profiles so I can log a test drive and download the stock tune to send over to Black Bear.

I'll be sure to report back as soon as the results are in.

OP
OP
mals

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. Thought you got a boxed tune. Sounds good, let us know.
Nope. I bought a previously used Black Bear Autocal from someone that sold their Silverado and had no use for it. I need to order a VIN license to add my vehicle to the unit and custom tune from Black Bear.

Kodiak Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update on this. Would like to know how you liked the adjustment for towing.

cwebb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was debating on ordering a tune for my 09 Tahoe, then went to your website and saw that of all places you may come to my city of Memphis, Tn. Is this confirmed yet, so that I can pay a deposit or is it still undecided?

Thank you for contacting us about a tune. We can enhance the tow haul mode but we call that sport mode as well. The gains that we usually see with your vehicle is 25-35hp, 20-25ft-lbs, and 1-2mpg with improved shift patterns and throttle response, all depending on fuel quality, octane and vehicle condition prior to the tune. If the AutoCal is purchased from us the tune and license is $325, if it purchased from another company the tune and license is $350. You may also have to contact them to un-link the device. Let us know if you have any other questions.

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was debating on ordering a tune for my 09 Tahoe, then went to your website and saw that of all places you may come to my city of Memphis, Tn. Is this confirmed yet, so that I can pay a deposit or is it still undecided?
Right now it is a potential upcoming event. We still do not have dates set yet. If you send us an email [email protected] we can add you to our contact list, and let you know first thing when we announce the dates.

OP
OP
mals

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any update on this. Would like to know how you liked the adjustment for towing.
Sorry, no update on this yet. The Autocal box is sitting on the top of my toolbox taunting me every time I go out to the garage. I've had a few large ticket repair items on my house this spring and summer, as well as some critical mechanical repairs on the Yukon and our two aging daily driving Ford Focuses. I haven't really be able to justify the expense yet, but hope to in the next few months as my balances recover. I'm also open to the idea of going to an in-person tune event for the first update if it helps organize a North East event for other potential customers, so I'm waiting on seeing if that comes together in the near future.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins