Working on the Exterior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin Hawkins

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Updates thus far...Just got some new shoes! Besides that, I replaced the headlights and added the red halo rings around the fog lights.

I'm working on blacking out the "Avalanche" & "LTZ" lettering on the sides with Plasti-Dip. Next up, replace chrome mirror caps with black ones and replace the chrome door handles with black. Finally I'll replace the front grill with a black one and black out the emblems.

Thoughts?!20180223_181915.jpg 20180223_181925.jpg

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Updates thus far...Just got some new shoes! Besides that, I replaced the headlights and added the red halo rings around the fog lights.

I'm working on blacking out the "Avalanche" & "LTZ" lettering on the sides with Plasti-Dip. Next up, replace chrome mirror caps with black ones and replace the chrome door handles with black. Finally I'll replace the front grill with a black one and black out the emblems.

Thoughts?!View attachment 193653 View attachment 193654

Booya. Slllllllliiiiiicccck.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That red is looking really clean!! The Ubar headlights look good.

Just some thoughts since you asked. Color match the front bow tie/leave the chrome trim on it. Maybe color match the door handles vs. black? Although you do have some black trim that could tie it in, but color matched just looks clean. Maybe just debadge the doors (Avalanche, LTZ, GM badge), IMO it would look much cleaner.

Either way clean looking ride.

73impala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am with fosscore on this I would go more color match than blacking out. to me all the black makes it look more like a work truck. Also thought about removing the lettering instead of plasti dip?

Truck does look clean though.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the front grille gloss black. That looks killer. But the door handles and side view mirrors just looks like too much unfinished plastic. Which I’ve never been a fan of all the unfinished plastics that all manufacturers use. I think if the handles and mirrors were gloss black instead, it would tie quite nicely with the grille. But I also agree with @Fosscore , color matched handles would look better. But maybe that’s just cuz I like everything color matched to begin with haha. Looks clean though!

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chrome delete complete! I do have to agree a bit, 73impala, it looks a bit "work truckish". :(View attachment 193955 View attachment 193956
I like it as is, looks pretty damn good imo.
I can see cm-ing the door handles and losing the letters. But grill, mirrors, running boards and rear appliques and tonneau match so i think everything ties in. Your truck, if you like it.... thats all that matters..

Also, maybe should have went with the black heads instead of chrome/tron ...

No matter tho.... its red and you know what we say about red around here...

MajorJakkov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the black grille completely changed the look. big thumbs up from me.

what did you do to the mirrors and handles? just purchase the generic plastic black pieces (like the LS tahoes) to swap out the chrome or did you paint over them? I want to lose the chrome in those areas as well...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9