Work in progress so far

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OB 04Denali

Reaction score
20180415_112503.jpg 20180415_112535.jpg 20180415_112518.jpg 20180224_110205.jpg 20180309_160717.jpg Finally got some pictures to share of my work in progress. Took a lot of research and lot of ehh well see what happens. Did all the work on my own besides making the 2 boxes under the seats. Have a bunch of work to to still. Paint the other box, carpet the outside to match the carpet, grills for the outside of the fans, rear back panel sub still have to figure out Any questions, sugestions or comments , let me know.

Dan O

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m interested in seeing the progress. I’ve wanted to do something different with my 2006 Denali console where the cd changer is because I never use it. Like ever... and I don’t think it works with my after market headunit. Lol. So I’ve toyed with the idea of a small tablet or iPad there but haven’t gone any further. Looks good man!

OP
OP
OB 04Denali

OB 04Denali

Reaction score
Would love to get more info on how you got that tablet in there so clean.

Whats up fellas. Thanks a lot. its a work in progress.
nothing crazy so far .IV been buzy. before i had a raspberry pie in there for streaming from anything from it was on and off. With the tablet, i picked the tablet out (Galaxy Tab A) and found these guys http://www.fifieldfabrications.com/ Really nice people. i told them my vision and they said since they dont have a kit for it my panel or tablet, they said send them the tablet and that panel i want it in. They sent it back with it fitted. it came with a hole for the charging port. so what i did was ,i put the tablet in the lock position, put the charger in and glued the plug into the hole so it sits in there nicely. I still have left is, routing the top then Plexiglas on top, maybe some leds, carpet the outside to match the floor, fan grills so nothgin gets jammed in there. still get a sub in the back. still have to show you guys the 2 temp gauges (other end of the yellow longer temp probe) looks really cool actually. definitely keep you guys updated as i go. like i said have any questions, willing to spread the wealth. im not doing competition stuff, just hobby and messing around. Question for you guys, my fans i have are one pushing and the other pulling. Do you think since it really wont cool down unless its cooler in the cabin, would the fans be more effective with both side exhausting the hot air out? instead of push pull? i have the fans set to kick on at 75 degrees.

Thanks fells!

Dan O

DROCK84

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Whats up fellas. Thanks a lot. its a work in progress.
nothing crazy so far .IV been buzy. before i had a raspberry pie in there for streaming from anything from it was on and off. With the tablet, i picked the tablet out (Galaxy Tab A) and found these guys http://www.fifieldfabrications.com/ Really nice people. i told them my vision and they said since they dont have a kit for it my panel or tablet, they said send them the tablet and that panel i want it in. They sent it back with it fitted. it came with a hole for the charging port. so what i did was ,i put the tablet in the lock position, put the charger in and glued the plug into the hole so it sits in there nicely. I still have left is, routing the top then Plexiglas on top, maybe some leds, carpet the outside to match the floor, fan grills so nothgin gets jammed in there. still get a sub in the back. still have to show you guys the 2 temp gauges (other end of the yellow longer temp probe) looks really cool actually. definitely keep you guys updated as i go. like i said have any questions, willing to spread the wealth. im not doing competition stuff, just hobby and messing around. Question for you guys, my fans i have are one pushing and the other pulling. Do you think since it really wont cool down unless its cooler in the cabin, would the fans be more effective with both side exhausting the hot air out? instead of push pull? i have the fans set to kick on at 75 degrees.

Thanks fells!

Dan O

From a PC builder's point of view I would have 1 or 2 fans on opposing sides of the boxes, one side is intake and the other is exhaust. If you don't want a bunch of dust build up inside the boxes then you better get some sort of fine filter over the intake side.

OP
OP
OB 04Denali

OB 04Denali

Reaction score
From a PC builder's point of view I would have 1 or 2 fans on opposing sides of the boxes, one side is intake and the other is exhaust. If you don't want a bunch of dust build up inside the boxes then you better get some sort of fine filter over the intake side.

Ok cool. In one of the pictures I put up I have 6 total in each box just cause. I have 3 Intake and 3 exhaust. I'm fine with that. Thanks a lot!

Dan O

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question... maybe I missed something but what is the end game here? Very intriguing thus far though I must say!

OP
OP
OB 04Denali

OB 04Denali

Reaction score
Question... maybe I missed something but what is the end game here? Very intriguing thus far though I must say!

Had the idea for a while and always see questions on under captains chair ideas, center console upgrades and what to do, rear sub replacement. So I said ehhh screw it lets just try some things and see what happens and share it with everyone for ideas. That's all. No competition stuff nothing crazy. Just an Irish guys with some spare time here and there with some ideas and handy work.

Dan O