Wiring that runs down driver side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hickory

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey folks, been searching for awhile and can't find the answer to this. Does anyone know which wires in the large, taped bundle that run all the way down the driver's side then up and over to the passenger side are keyed power and ground? I'm trying to install a backup camera and those are my easiest wires to access.

Thanks!

image.jpg

OP
OP
Hickory

Hickory

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That's a terrible title. What it should be is, "where to get 12v keyed power in cargo area"

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best place to find the reverse wire(keyed power) is behind the drivers side A pillar...remove the pillar and look for the lime green wire, that's your reverse wire

For ground, you can simply tap into just about any black wire

OP
OP
Hickory

Hickory

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does the reverse wire have constant keyed power? I'd like to be able to turn on the camera when I'm not in reverse.

OP
OP
Hickory

Hickory

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will hook the headunit to the grey wire on the bcm to have it swap over to the camera automatically when I put it in reverse.

MidwestMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Constant power, or power when running...?

Finding existing 12 volt back there with the vehicle turned off sounds like a challenge.

(And what are you trying to do? Will this be an night vision camera...:) )

OP
OP
Hickory

Hickory

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
*constant keyed power.

I'm hooking up a backup camera. I have the headunit hooked to the reverse light wire coming out of the bcm to trigger the camera when I put it in reverse. I want have constant power to the camera whenever the truck is on so I can toggle to the camera even when the truck is not in reverse.