Wiring diagram for 1999 obs with factory police wiring.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Diamondwulf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a 1999 Tahoe obs and I am trying to find the wiring diagrams for it since it has factory police lighting wiring, and I am trying to figure out where the wiring for the AUX switch on the dash by headlight switch goes so I can utilize it as the switch for some driving lights. the one this about the AUX switch is it is a factory one and loomed with headlight wiring, but has power at all times, even without the key on.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
On my 2011 SSV the only specialty wiring that came from the factory was for the dual battery set up. All of the other wiring for lights, sirens, radios, etc was done locally at depot where the vehicle was received or farmed out locally. Most agencies have different requirements for how the vehicles need to be equipped so i think that GM just sends them out with the power feed for them to build off of. For mine, there basically is no schematics other than the factory one. As I'm finding out, wires are fished through where ever they have to go to feed a particular component. It's a bit of a pain but kind of neat at the same time. I would check with GM and see if they can provide any insight on your model year.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a 1999 Tahoe obs and I am trying to find the wiring diagrams for it since it has factory police lighting wiring, and I am trying to figure out where the wiring for the AUX switch on the dash by headlight switch goes so I can utilize it as the switch for some driving lights. the one this about the AUX switch is it is a factory one and loomed with headlight wiring, but has power at all times, even without the key on.

you have pics about what you are talking about?

OP
OP
D

Diamondwulf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will get some tomorrow. The switch is on the left side of the steering column and says "AUX LIGHTS". The Tahoe is a 1999 badged as an LS but the VIN comes back as a Z71. It was originally a police vehicle with full lights and systems. Pulling up the RPO codes denotes that the whelen headlight flasher and other aux wiring is all factory from Chevrolet. The one thing is that there are RPO codes that I can't seem to track down.

OP
OP
D

Diamondwulf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
20151116_164348.jpg 20151116_164356.jpg 20151116_164405.jpg 20151116_164348.jpg 20151116_164356.jpg So here are a few photos of the dash, one is the AUX Lights switch and the other is of the "Power Center" which is where the cd player is from factory.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
gotcha have some description of the setup and going thru diagrams trying to find you something. throw those rpo codes at me as i have some police rpos here.

iLikeEggs

Potato!
Reaction score
I've run my vin thru a couple of those vin info websites and they don't come back with much other than telling me what I already know like it's a police fleet vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu