Wireless Charging Pad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like the 2015i updated version of my Denali will have a couple of nice upgrades which I will not really miss and will get the next time around. However the one and only new feature I would love that they are getting is the wireless charging pad built into the top of the center console. Is this something that I will be able to purchase from GM? Like will I be able to buy a new console lid once there is a part number? Will it be easy to power the lid from under the console without running wires all over? In a different forum I saw that some owners of the 2014 GMC Sierra (same console) were a creating there own wireless charging pads by taking apart current console and adding, then putting back together. They got their power from wires right below console. Seems like it should hopefully be a easy Upgrade. Anyone with knowledge or Thoughts?

Last edited:

krzyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like the 2015i updated version of my Denali will have a couple of nice upgrades which I will not really miss and will get the next time around. However the one and only new feature I would love that they are getting is the wireless charging pad built into the top of the center console. Is this something that I will be able to purchase from GM? Like will I be able to buy a new console lid once there is a part number? Will it be easy to power the lid from under the console without running wires all over? In a different forum I saw that some owners of the 2014 GMC Sierra (same console) were a creating there own wireless charging pads by taking apart current console and adding, then putting back together. They got their power from wires right below console. Seems like it should hopefully be a easy Upgrade. Anyone with knowledge or Thoughts?

I made my own out of the stock insert, works great.

twhitechurch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could you provide a bit more info as to how you did this? Which model did you use? Could we get some pics?

twhitechurch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome write up actually! I'm definitely doing this during the weekend. How easy is it to take out the plastic top?

krzyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome write up actually! I'm definitely doing this during the weekend. How easy is it to take out the plastic top?
6 torx screws, use a putty knife to pry off coil, don't lift it, just shove it in between plastic and coil. BTW, this wont work on thicker cell phone cases (Seido, Lifeproof, Otterbox etc.), I use a thin case and it works well for me.

Last edited:

twhitechurch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have any issue with the power going through the plastic? I currently have a case on my phone but have the wireless charging. Do you think I'll have to ditch the case?

OP
OP
zolt11

zolt11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The charge pad in this video is in the enclosed compartment. Not practical if you ask me. I am wondering where it will be on the 2015i denalis. A logical place would be on top of the console? But maybe wouldn't fit oversized phones. I have a BlackBerry Z30 (5inch) which fits perfectly on top of the center console and it has wireless charging.

Daunntlessone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is in the compartment behind the navigation on the 2015i Denali

I was wrong. Middle armrest.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts