Wireless charging for Samsung Galaxy 6

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruby Roo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2017 GMC Yukon XL Denali Does anyone have an experience with the wireless charging? I have an Otterbox cover on my Galaxy S6. Do I have to remove the cover to get my phone to charge?

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you charge it wirelessly, at home, with the case on?

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dunno, my wife used to have a Galaxy S6 with an OtterBox case and the wireless charger did not wanna charge it with the case on. Even with the case off, it would still constantly give that annoying beeping noise signaling that charging has been disconnected. Ever since then, neither of us has had any desire to try and use a wireless charger anymore. This was about 2-3 years ago, and I have no clue how much wireless charger technology has improved since then.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 15 burb the charging was intermittent The 16 tahoes are much better. The case could present problems. My wife’s galaxy 8 doesn’t charge well with the case.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
My S6 charged with the case on as did my S7 Edge but had to move it certain ways for it to make contact. I use a wireless fast charger at home and all work with the cases on. Now I have the new S8 plus and that doesn’t fit flush because it has a 6.2 inch screen. Wish I knew how to modify it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

undy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've a S7 with Otterbox's thickest case, the defender, and I use wireless charging all the time with no problems.

PAChevy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2017 GMC Yukon XL Denali Does anyone have an experience with the wireless charging? I have an Otterbox cover on my Galaxy S6. Do I have to remove the cover to get my phone to charge?
I have a Galaxy S7 with a hard case and have no trouble with wireless charging in my 2017 Tahoe. I had to reverse the rubber pad on the charger because the S7 battery is to low in the phone to be positioned properly over the charger but once I reversed the rubber pad I've no problem at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9