Wireless car phone charger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello ll,

A good while ago (didn't pay much attention) I read something about a wireless phone charger console lid.. has anyone seen one of those?

Ron

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I've been browsing around a bit, there seem to be "dual coil" chargers, that cover more space. (for vertical as well as horizontal charging, it's a stand.) These things are fairly inexpensive, so I am thinking of taking one apart and mount it underneath the cell phone tray in the center console. This should be pretty easy.
(and a lot less expensive than buying the OEM lid with charger.)

Ron

sanco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FASTPAD Ultra-Slim Qi Wireless Charger PU Leather Wireless Charging Pad for iPhone X iPhone 8 8 Plus 7.5W Fast Charging, Water Resistant, No Heating (No AC Adapter) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0793TJ9YR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_UC8jBbEH0WM0B

I bought that and placed it on the console cell phone space. PERFECT fit and I'm very happy with it so far! The vehicle specific ones will sell for 150 to $200

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FASTPAD Ultra-Slim Qi Wireless Charger PU Leather Wireless Charging Pad for iPhone X iPhone 8 8 Plus 7.5W Fast Charging, Water Resistant, No Heating (No AC Adapter) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0793TJ9YR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_UC8jBbEH0WM0B

I bought that and placed it on the console cell phone space. PERFECT fit and I'm very happy with it so far! The vehicle specific ones will sell for 150 to $200

That looks like a perfect one, however I'd mount it right under the tray. I saw something similar on ebay too

Ron

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I saw that, you can buy a lid specifically for the Tahoe for approx $200... that's a little stiff.

Ron

sanco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not amazing pictures but you get the point, wires go in and plug directly into the console lighter. Very simple and cheap mod that looks oem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt