wiper delete plugs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about deleting the rear wiper on my Escalade, hardly ever use it, does anyone know what size plugs fit in the holes? Eventually I'm gonna have the holes filled and repaint the hatch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bump, anyone?

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
remove the wiper assembly, take a dial caliper and measure the hole size and go get a rubber plug at the hardware store or home center, or maybe even an auto parts store.. get one that not a decorative plug. look in my thread of "How Many Holes do you have in your roof?" If I Had to guess its either a 5/8 or 3/4 shaft. I doubt its a 1/2 in and most likely not an 1inch. get your plugs first if you want. then you will have a selection. Heck they are cheap enough

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cannot recall the size of the plugs to tell you the truth. The big one that the actual motor comes through is about the size of your hood heat shield. It needs that much surface area to cover that big hole on the outside.

I grabbed a bunch of other different sizes, tried them out, had the plastic speed nuts on the inside, color matched them and gooped it with some black silicone underneath the cap on the outside and plenty on the inside. Have not had any leaking issues and the paint is still holding up nicely.
Did the same thing with my OnStar shark fin.

I know not as smooth as Red Rocket's lift gate, but I am still happy it is gone every day I look at it. Until I can get it properly shaved, it still looks badass and the average person will not even notice the plugs or that you even had a wiper there in the first place.

@95escahoe

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cannot recall the size of the plugs to tell you the truth. The big one that the actual motor comes through is about the size of your hood heat shield. It needs that much surface area to cover that big hole on the outside.

I grabbed a bunch of other different sizes, tried them out, had the plastic speed nuts on the inside, color matched them and gooped it with some black silicone underneath the cap on the outside and plenty on the inside. Have not had any leaking issues and the paint is still holding up nicely.
Did the same thing with my OnStar shark fin.

I know not as smooth as Red Rocket's lift gate, but I am still happy it is gone every day I look at it. Until I can get it properly shaved, it still looks badass and the average person will not even notice the plugs or that you even had a wiper there in the first place.

@95escahoe

Thanks any pics of how yours came out?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I recall correctly there's 2 or 3 different sizes, 4 or 5 total holes. Just pull everything and then see what you need. It only takes a few minutes after the inside panel is removed. I bought several sizes beforehand and then after I pulled everything I still had to get some different ones. Then a few days later I threw them all away anyway lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne