Window Issue - Master Switch or Broken Circuit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2007 Tahoe rear passenger window went down and wouldn't return. I thought it was the motor but I tested it with some jumpers I made and it goes up and down disconnected from the switch. That made me think it was a faulty switch so I removed the other rear switch which worked on the other window same issue, powered down but not up.

I then went to the master switch and that switch didn't work at all. My question is, if the master isn't working for one window will it cause the local switch not to work properly?

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
My 2007 Tahoe rear passenger window went down and wouldn't return. I thought it was the motor but I tested it with some jumpers I made and it goes up and down disconnected from the switch. That made me think it was a faulty switch so I removed the other rear switch which worked on the other window same issue, powered down but not up.

I then went to the master switch and that switch didn't work at all. My question is, if the master isn't working for one window will it cause the local switch not to work properly?

While I haven't tested this on the newer trucks, I can tell you that the older GM trucks were wired this way and I see no reason why GM would change the way they have been doing things for years.