Wind noise with leveling kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Just installed a RC 2" leveling kit and when im on the highway I seem to be getting alot of wind noise or at least I think I am now... I guess maybe the aerodynamics are changed with this mod and probably why the truck comes with a slight rake... Also any reason I am getting slight rub on sharp reverse turn on the inside liner ? i have had an alignment done afterwards and still get a slight rub at full turn in reverse backing into my driveway... still looks better either way with the leveling kit more truck like.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Highly likely. Aerodynamics is a huge part of the design process, and the angle or "rake" is the starting point. Imagine all the other fugged-up stuff those fgts with their "tilted" or "squatted" trucks are dealing with.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same level on my 13, 285/70/17s, no rub full lock reverse and I have never heard any noise. Sorry bud

ddubdb3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
never had any issue with excessive wind noise after lowering my yukon..have you been able to find the area of the noise?

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Never heard of this happening. Did you add lights or anything else?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon