Wilwoods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07 Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed these on a 2015+? If so, looking for your opinion on performance and longevity. I plan to do some towing with my Yukon and am looking to invest in some additional stopping power. Thanks!

OP
OP

07 Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed these on a 2015+? If so, looking for your opinion on performance and longevity. I plan to do some towing with my Yukon and am looking to invest in some additional stopping power. Thanks!
Anyone know the difference between the TX6R kit and the TC6R kit? Surely someone has Wilwoods on their rig...

thirdcoast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The TX are the Extreme version and only have slotted rotors which give the brake surface more swept area.

The TC are for trucks with larger wheels and need more stopping power and come with slotted & drilled rotors and work with factory master cylinder with no problem.

I have used Wilwood on all my race cars, but opted for the Baer Eradispeed Kit on my 09 Tahoe 6.2L LTZ as it is less money and gives me great stopping power for the street. This kit uses the factory or aftermarket stock 4 piston caliper, but I run the Baer Pads along with the Baer rotors.. I do not tow with this vehicle, but feel that this braking system would work for towing also..

BTW, I use the Baer brakes on all 4 wheels, not just the front.. and whatever you do, make sure to follow the Bedding In process to the letter!!!

Good luck,

Thirdcoast

Last edited:
OP
OP

07 Denali

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The TX are the Extreme version and only have slotted rotors which give the brake surface more swept area.

The TC are for trucks with larger wheels and need more stopping power and come with slotted & drilled rotors and work with factory master cylinder with no problem.

I have used Willwood on all my race cars, but opted for the Baer Eradispeed Kit on my 09 Tahoe 6.2L LTZ as it is less money and gives me great stopping power for the street. This kit uses the factory or aftermarket stock 4 piston caliper, but I run the Baer Pads along with the Baer rotors.. I do not tow with this vehicle, but feel that this braking system would work for towing also..

BTW, I use the Baer brakes on all 4 wheels, not just the front.. and whatever you do, make sure to follow the Bedding In process to the letter!!!

Good luck,

Thirdcoast
Thirdcoast,
I appreciate the thoughtful reply. If I go to a big brake kit, I plan to install it on all four corners. Do you have any reservations about the Willwoods in my application? (‘18 Denali short wheel base). This vehicle is replacing a 1500 Silverado with the 6.2 and the max tow package aka Toy Hauler. I will tow with it 24Xs each year. 18 will be 5-10 mile trips while 6 will be 500 mile trips. Max trailer weight will be 4000 lbs. Plus a family of four onboard as well. Looking for performance and safety.

I believe folks refer to your rig as the unicorn. I’ve never seen one and heard they only exist on paper. Hang on to that sucker. That’s a nice rig!!!

thirdcoast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Wilwood's will work great.. I think that the Wilwood & Baer are comparable and the full package with the larger rotors along with the 6 piston calipers will be the ultimate.. I knew that I was not going to be towing, so did the EradiSpeed Kit which is still a big improvement.

TC

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have always wondered if Wilwoods really offer 10 times the performance of a 'standard' brake setup, since they can cost roughly 10 times the price.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing to add but inspiration

28827696_10208701267724145_1439972229622909718_o.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01