Wilwood brakes installed! Won’t bleed! Help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jeff laing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must have got a faulty unit. I've had mine for a long time and bled many many sets of brakes. By far the easiest way to bleed. I absolutely couldn't stand the vacuum bleeders, they always leaked and you need a compressor to use them. I went through a gallon of brake fluid the last time I used one because it kept sucking air at the bleeder and I couldn't tell if the brakes still had air in the lines. If you would have used a vac on that leaker you would never have known where it was leaking because you would have kept pulling air in. After a gallon or two of fluid you'd still have air in the lines and been scratching your head.
Also, Wilwoods only need their stainless steel flex lines to connect them to your truck, but not to bleed them. They have regular bleeders like everyone else uses.
I’ll agree with you on the vac pump! I believe it was sucking air not just through the lines, I finished every corner off after the vacuum pump with a manual hand pump and everything is all good. But for $100 that definitely was not worth it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts