Wilwood brakes installed! Won’t bleed! Help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff laing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wilwood breaks installed! After the installation I cannot get any air or fluid pastor the system, somebody told me I might need to bypass the ABS module? I don’t have any experience in that department can somebody help me out .

046FE4AC-C03D-425C-BB72-1DFAC9FC89D9.jpeg 1A27C5C5-BDE4-4E48-BAC3-441B1A6E60B6.jpeg 3767D916-685C-4788-BABD-6CFF22E56DEE.jpeg C4CF03AC-023E-4815-8E27-A1AAECDD4950.jpeg

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the fluid in the reservoir get too low?

What year, model is your rig?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Buy yourself a Motive Power Bleeder; those vacuum ones are a joke. This one pressurizes the master cylinder and keeps the fluid level full at the same time. All you have to do is pump it up, then go to each caliper, put the clear hose on, and loosen the bleeder until no more air comes out. Start at the passenger rear, driver rear, passenger front, and finally driver front. It's so easy you'll be amazed. It costs a bit but so well worth it. You've spent so much on the Wilwoods, just figure it into the cost. https://www.amazon.com/Motive-Produ...46258&sr=1-1&keywords=motive+brake+bleeder+gm

41xKVwHAmjL.jpg

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, I believe the Wildwoods require adapters and new hoses. Make sure there is nothing blocking either the hose or adapter.

I have used all three methods to bleed. As long as proper procedure is followed, there should be no problems. (I prefer vac as last time I used pressure, the hose developed a leak and got brake fluid EVERYWHERE. I was not real happy with my Motive, and mine was not of the best quality—flashing on the hose barb for the tank which causes leaks, the hose from the unit is horrible and got hard after about two years, etc. I expected better for what I paid!).

Take your time and work methodically.

OP
OP
J

jeff laing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, I believe the Wildwoods require adapters and new hoses. Make sure there is nothing blocking either the hose or adapter.

I have used all three methods to bleed. As long as proper procedure is followed, there should be no problems. (I prefer vac as last time I used pressure, the hose developed a leak and got brake fluid EVERYWHERE. I was not real happy with my Motive, and mine was not of the best quality—flashing on the hose barb for the tank which causes leaks, the hose from the unit is horrible and got hard after about two years, etc. I expected better for what I paid!).

I got it to work this morning, I used my old had pump and it started to suck the fluid.. Maybe yesterday was just a long day and I overlook something but this morning I had them blood within the hour! Oh well it’s done now!

C4989D8B-4269-40C5-BCE2-68252570219E.jpeg 3AC9A44A-E7B1-44CB-863C-2A271D289868.jpeg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You must have got a faulty unit. I've had mine for a long time and bled many many sets of brakes. By far the easiest way to bleed. I absolutely couldn't stand the vacuum bleeders, they always leaked and you need a compressor to use them. I went through a gallon of brake fluid the last time I used one because it kept sucking air at the bleeder and I couldn't tell if the brakes still had air in the lines. If you would have used a vac on that leaker you would never have known where it was leaking because you would have kept pulling air in. After a gallon or two of fluid you'd still have air in the lines and been scratching your head.
Also, Wilwoods only need their stainless steel flex lines to connect them to your truck, but not to bleed them. They have regular bleeders like everyone else uses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne