Will a 285/65r18 fit a 15 yuk without a leveling kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Griff75

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking at both the toyo at2 extreme and the Goodyear duratrac.

Opinions please!
Thanks !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ubysedu3.jpg
zy9ebeqe.jpg

Last edited:

rgpie75

Reaction score
Not sure about fit, but I had the Duratracs on my Nissan Xterra that I traded for my Yukon and loved them. Outstanding in snow and got compliments all the time on their aggressive looks. Would love to see how they look on the Yukon. They had a slight hum on pavement but that's to be expected with a tire like that. Wasn't annoying at all.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This might help. An online calculator has it at 32.59 tall which is slightly taller than a 305/35r24 which is confirmed to fit these trucks. Width would be no problem since the stock 22s have 285s.

I suspect it would fit but offset on the wheel and other factors will come into play...

2015+ tire figment:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...eA-0mmik5ZflDret8SBkGag/edit?usp=docslist_api

OP
OP
G

Griff75

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys,
Decided to go with the duratracs due to price and the winter rating. They did not come in a 285 and the 275/70s looked like they were going to rub. Wife didn't want to do a leveling kit so I got the 275/65s. Wish I could have gone a little bigger but still looks way better than stock. Also fitted a pair of truck mudflaps. I know a lot of guys on here like the street look but we really need the extra traction and puncture resistance when we drive on the beach and up in the mountains. Can't wait to hit the road in a couple of weeks.
uqere6yq.jpge2abamuq.jpgehamedu5.jpg

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the biggest mud flap in the history of mankind. :(

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please take off the mud flap. If you have to have a mud flap try finding an OEM one that's more contoured to fit.

rgpie75

Reaction score
I like the tires. Don't care for the mud flap.

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 AM ----------

Notice any change in road noise from the Duratracs?

Pockets

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it at least makes the smaller wheels look better on the Yukon, I like it.

OP
OP
G

Griff75

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback on the mudflaps. We like how they look and they need to stay on for now. We'll be leaving on a trip that'll involve a lot of gravel roads and since there was a recall on the OEMs...

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tires look good. I have to agree that the mud flap looks like you stole it from a semi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts