Wierd message today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got in my 2017 Yukon today and when I started it up a message came on over the speakers saying "Your vehicle is connected to onstar with limited services". WTF is that about? It did not come back on after other starts so hoping it will not come on again... Anyone else had this.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got in my 2017 Yukon today and when I started it up a message came on over the speakers saying "Your vehicle is connected to onstar with limited services". WTF is that about? It did not come back on after other starts so hoping it will not come on again... Anyone else had this.
got this from another forum:
Recently I started getting an audio message telling me that my vehicle was connected to OnStar by limited services. The message is heard every time I start the car... And it's annoying as hell.

I've had this happen over the years with this same vehicle as well as other OnStar equipped vehicles, but a simple call to OnStar has always resolved the problem. They turned off the warning message.

A few days ago my C7 starts giving me the message after having been turned off by OnStar many months ago, so I called and asked them to turn it off again. They said they would but it would take up to 24hrs to take effect. Today I start the car and the message is still there so I call again.

The first person I speak to tells me she's sorry and she'll fix the problem... Then a supervisor comes on the line and tells me that they cannot turn it off as their system doesn't allow the message to be disabled. Well I got pretty angry and told them that's a lie... That they have turned it off in the past so I know it can be turned off and I demand to speak to her supervisor and be told exactly when this new policy went into effect and why. I told her I would complain to GM and have OnStar ripped out of the car rather than listen to the message every time I start the car.

After waiting on hold again to speak to her supervisor she comes back on the line. Now she tells me that because I'm such a good long time customer (BS) that they will make an exception and disable the warning (advertising) message. She then runs me through a reboot process to verify this has been done. I can confirm its now turned off.

Reason I'm writing this is to let anyone else who experiences this issue know that you can get this audio message turned off but you may have to fight with them to get it. Don't take no for an answer and demand a supervisor.

OP
OP
D

Denali4181

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got this from another forum:
Recently I started getting an audio message telling me that my vehicle was connected to OnStar by limited services. The message is heard every time I start the car... And it's annoying as hell.

I've had this happen over the years with this same vehicle as well as other OnStar equipped vehicles, but a simple call to OnStar has always resolved the problem. They turned off the warning message.

A few days ago my C7 starts giving me the message after having been turned off by OnStar many months ago, so I called and asked them to turn it off again. They said they would but it would take up to 24hrs to take effect. Today I start the car and the message is still there so I call again.

The first person I speak to tells me she's sorry and she'll fix the problem... Then a supervisor comes on the line and tells me that they cannot turn it off as their system doesn't allow the message to be disabled. Well I got pretty angry and told them that's a lie... That they have turned it off in the past so I know it can be turned off and I demand to speak to her supervisor and be told exactly when this new policy went into effect and why. I told her I would complain to GM and have OnStar ripped out of the car rather than listen to the message every time I start the car.

After waiting on hold again to speak to her supervisor she comes back on the line. Now she tells me that because I'm such a good long time customer (BS) that they will make an exception and disable the warning (advertising) message. She then runs me through a reboot process to verify this has been done. I can confirm its now turned off.

Reason I'm writing this is to let anyone else who experiences this issue know that you can get this audio message turned off but you may have to fight with them to get it. Don't take no for an answer and demand a supervisor.

Thanks for the info!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts