Wide steel wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only way to get the specs is find the owner, haha.

Seriously, they look like PPV wheels with larger tires installed.

Did you happen to look at the link in one of my first posts? Detroit Steel, those are the wheels in that Instagram pic.
http://detroitsteelwheel.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/2017_DSW_Catalog_Retail_v1.pdf
Take your pick on the size and back spacing. 18 up to 22" wheels.
They now make a new model to, check them out.
I don't think a 20" steelie would look bad at all. You might as well upsize your wheels, not many options unless you go custom or the ones that were listed.

OP
OP
S

Samuraj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rims on the pics are cragar soft 8
Few years old pics
Browsing catalog now , but still do not know what back space is good for my car ..

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
What look are you wanting? The 5" backspace will be tucked more than the 4.5" with an 8" wheel. Of those two options, I'd personally go with the 4.5". I don't care for the "tucked in" look...prefer the tires to be flush with the fenders.

TigerEyz3

Slow and Steady
Reaction score
Mine are 17x9 with the -4.5" backspacing (-12mm offset).

Looks like the Cragar Soft 8s in 17x9 come in 5 and 5.5" backspacing. I'm thinking some of this is due to them being steel rather than aluminum. That said, of those options I'd go with the 5" backspacing (0 mm offset).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne