Why is my Home Link range pooping out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Used to be able to open my car crib from the street. Now I'm right up against the garage door click click clicking the home link button to open the door. What gives? Any ideas?

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No changes done to the truck, like tinting the windshield?

Mine definitely isn't consistent and at times I've had to be right in front of the door for it to open and at other times I can do it from a couple hundred feet away.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine varies between 100' to 200', not sure why

beachcomber

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You guys are lucky. I've spent a couple hours to program my garage opener with no success. Beyond frustrated. All my other cars I was able to program just fine. Hate having to lug along my old ugly transmitter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
You guys are lucky. I've spent a couple hours to program my garage opener with no success. Beyond frustrated. All my other cars I was able to program just fine. Hate having to lug along my old ugly transmitter.

Did you follow instructions for a rolling code opener?

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Mine took a couple of tries but eventually got it programmed. Had to do the rolling code programming.

beachcomber

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll try the rolling code again. Maybe it'll work this go around!

tdriver113

Reaction score

There are more detailed instructions on the Homelink website.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine '01 took secs, '13 like 2 days to do it. the one side i gotta be right near it the 2 side opens from down the steet. I think they changed somethink with the truck transmitters in some years....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094