White Diamond Tricoat with black wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adcs2k

Reaction score
What brand and exact tire size/model do you have and how satisfied are you with the ride quality? Do you feel like you lost any ride quality? Does this get driven in snow? If so how well does it do?

Reason I ask is because I live in the Chicagoland area and we often drive north to Wisconsin to snowboard. Most of our trips are spur of the moment due to weather. We see a storm rolling through and usually head north right through it. We've trucked through some heavy shit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The tire are lexani
295/35/24
I've had in past on numerous SUV's
20, 22, 23, 24, 26

So every step up larger your losing side wall. You get better dry weather performance but of course you have to sacrifice something. That is almost always gonna be in this case the smoothness. On highway it's fine, but any streets with potholes you have to go slow and watch out. Otherwise you risk bending a wheel, popping a tire or both. I've done it all. I love the look of 26's and honestly there isn't a big difference between the feel of 26-24 but there is a a little more sidewall on 24's so I wanted that this time around. I have driven 26's and 24's in the snow. We drive up to Colorado to snowboard and they perform decent enough. When I did that last my vehicles were AWD. Can't speak for RWD. Of course different tread patterns will be better in snow than others. And I don't have enough experience to speak on that topic. So it's a lot to thank about. But living in Texas man my vehicle is a way to extend my style on things. Most people in Texas have bad ass lifted trucks. But I prefer lowered vehicles. I've lowered every car I've had except like 2 since like '87.

adcs2k

Reaction score
Is the grill painted or wrapped? I have the Pearl tahoe and was going to wrap my grill with black, but this looks nice color matched.

Ok so it is painted. However, I tried wrapping it first and had it like that for about a month. But the color wasn't a perfect match, it was close and could only tell up close. But the biggest PROBLEM was in the corners of the curved parts. It wouldn't stay down. Kept bubbling or coming unstuck. So I had someone just paint it. So in my opinion having it painted is the way to go. Not terrible price to have done. Should be around 250-400 to have painted. Depending on if you know someone or not. And just to put my 2cents in I believe the color matched looks WAY better than black on our Hoes. Unless it is black of course. When people do it black and it's coming down road at you it looks like the whole grill is missing. Just weird again that's only my opinion, which is shit. Lol

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so it is painted. However, I tried wrapping it first and had it like that for about a month. But the color wasn't a perfect match, it was close and could only tell up close. But the biggest PROBLEM was in the corners of the curved parts. It wouldn't stay down. Kept bubbling or coming unstuck. So I had someone just paint it. So in my opinion having it painted is the way to go. Not terrible price to have done. Should be around 250-400 to have painted. Depending on if you know someone or not. And just to put my 2cents in I believe the color matched looks WAY better than black on our Hoes. Unless it is black of course. When people do it black and it's coming down road at you it looks like the whole grill is missing. Just weird again that's only my opinion, which is shit. Lol

I appreciate that. I agree its going to be hard to find a perfect match for color. I do have painters in the fam, but no one I know is into wrapping. Im going to go to Chevy and pick up a small bottle of pearl! Thanks for the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts