Whipple or Maggie?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@sumo did you have to upgrade your fuel pump with a high-flow one? One more thing I've been wondering.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
No real need for a dyno. If you are concerned, you can always buy an AFR sensor to plus into the AutoCal.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
@sumo did you have to upgrade your fuel pump with a high-flow one? One more thing I've been wondering.

Nope stock pump with injectors that came with blower rated for flex fuel. Flex injectors flows more
Than non flex. No problems, knock or ping when using shell only 93 octane. If you have flex, you want be able to run e 85 according to Justin.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't have flex fuel, it wasn't an option in '02. I bought some flex injectors out of a '10 rated at 50 lbs/ hr though. Thanks for the info on the pump.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No real need for a dyno. If you are concerned, you can always buy an AFR sensor to plus into the AutoCal.
I can get 3 AWD dyno pulls for $100 though and that will let me know what I'm getting to the wheels also. Although an AFR sensor and gauge would be cool although I have no idea how to install one. Would I have to weld a bung in the exhaust? Also, how would I connect it to the Autocal?

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can get 3 AWD dyno pulls for $100 though and that will let me know what I'm getting to the wheels also. Although an AFR sensor and gauge would be cool although I have no idea how to install one. Would I have to weld a bung in the exhaust? Also, how would I connect it to the Autocal?
I have an AEM wideband gauge to install. Simple pos/negative connection to a switched ignition source. U can data log your fuel trim thru the egr 5v connection to the ecm since u are not using it anymore using the autocal. The gauge comes with a bung u can have welded into the exhaust.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
You can have Justin tune out the rear o2 sensors. I uninstalled a oem o2 and plugged the wideband in there

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have an AEM wideband gauge to install. Simple pos/negative connection to a switched ignition source. U can data log your fuel trim thru the egr 5v connection to the ecm since u are not using it anymore using the autocal. The gauge comes with a bung u can have welded into the exhaust.

How do I connect it to the ecm and have the Autocal recognize it? I'm lost there.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do I connect it to the ecm and have the Autocal recognize it? I'm lost there.
Justin said and from what I've found online u connect the wideband to pin 55 on the ecm which is for egr voltage. The autocal plugs into the obd2 port like normal and is reading EGR voltage which is actually the wideband's voltage output of a/f ratio. Conversion looks like this..
e6c7af78e0aa2bce68e59633cec997ed.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14