Which transmission lines?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Cbark2305

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy cow!!! I decided to replace the entire set, I got it from Napa. Everything came out really nice, I fought the new set in but I got it. Finally started hooking everything up. Got to the radiator connector and the cooler connector and bam!!!! Could not get the lines in. After 2 hours of messing around we got out the flare kit and crushed the flares down some as they were to big. Finally got them in and hooked up started my truck and it was a red river all over the garage.

Messed around with them for a couple hours and finally took the old lines put them back in cut out the rubber hose and put in some clear braided vinyl hoses because that’s all I could get at the time.

After 6 hours there wasn’t anymore leaks. Now I’m worried about them blowing off so I think I’ll bite the bullet and have the shop replace those and the motor mount.

On the bright side of things is did get my stoplight switch replaced and my wife is really happy that we have cruise control again

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used cut out the bad parts of line, flare ends of good part then fuel line and 2 hose clamps on either end.

sk1dm4rk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you use double clamps and make sure they are tight, I don't believe you will have a problem with them blowing off. There should be little to no pressure in those lines as the fluid is just circulating through the cooler and back into the transmission pan.

Good luck with whichever way you choose to go.

OP
OP
C

Cbark2305

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you use double clamps and make sure they are tight, I don't believe you will have a problem with them blowing off. There should be little to no pressure in those lines as the fluid is just circulating through the cooler and back into the transmission pan.

Good luck with whichever way you choose to go.

It’s going into the shop Friday morning to get them replaced along with the motor mount. If they start leaking again I’m going to go a totally different route with maybe some fittings and steel braided lines. We shall see

OP
OP
C

Cbark2305

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the shop put new lines in and new drivers side motor mount. Total was $650 so I don’t think that’s a bad deal at all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9