Which transmission lines?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Cbark2305

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guess I’ll get those and the motor mount ordered tonight and start taking things apart while I wait

sk1dm4rk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The transmission cooler lines are known to be a problem area. There are threads around like this: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...ssible-quick-cheap-solution-crappy-leaky.html that show how to fix using some fuel injection hose and double hose clamps.

I did this to my Esky and not a drop in almost 2 years. Much cheaper and likely lasts longer than replacing the hoses that are still prone to leaking at the metal to rubber junctions.

OP
OP
C

Cbark2305

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The transmission cooler lines are known to be a problem area. There are threads around like this: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...ssible-quick-cheap-solution-crappy-leaky.html that show how to fix using some fuel injection hose and double hose clamps.

I did this to my Esky and not a drop in almost 2 years. Much cheaper and likely lasts longer than replacing the hoses that are still prone to leaking at the metal to rubber junctions.

Is yours a 07+ I just read that and they did it for earlier model

sk1dm4rk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. My Esky is 07. They went over the top in that link. All I did was use a small pipe cutter to cut behind the rubber/metal junctions and got a couple feet of Fuel injection hose and hose clamps. There is not much pressure in those lines. The double clamps seal it up, so no need to flare the metal ends or anything.

Done. Cheap. Better.

OP
OP
C

Cbark2305

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes. My Esky is 07. They went over the top in that link. All I did was use a small pipe cutter to cut behind the rubber/metal junctions and got a couple feet of Fuel injection hose and hose clamps. There is not much pressure in those lines. The double clamps seal it up, so no need to flare the metal ends or anything.

Done. Cheap. Better.

Did you take the lines out or leave them in while you did it? I like to see a how to with the pictures

sk1dm4rk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The good thing about this is that if it doesn't work for you, you are only out $20 and you can either find another solution or order the OEM hoses.

Good luck

OP
OP
C

Cbark2305

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The good thing about this is that if it doesn't work for you, you are only out $20 and you can either find another solution or order the OEM hoses.

Good luck

Yea Napa has the ones I need in stock I’m pretty sure. I’ll have to see how rusty they are when I get under there in a bit if they aren’t then I’m gonna try this. Just not sure if I should flare them or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bryndan99