Which plant was better?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The VIN also let's you know where built.

During WW2 the American submarines were built across the nation at various yards and some developed better ruputations than others. Some yards lost a higher percentage of boats built to enemy action. Liberty or Victory ships built at certain yards with more brittle steel were more prone to their hulls cracking in cold and heavy seas; same for some T-2 tankers. People familiar with the communist SKS rifles knows that the quality of these rifles vary greatly depending on where and when they were made.

Having said that I think it remarkable that these complex vehicles come out so uniform despite being built in different countries by the hands of people with varying degrees of education and culture; maybe even better than McDonalds which offers much simpler products!

OP
OP
Lanewvr

Lanewvr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was referring to the 2001 to 2006, but its helpful for all years to know.

I worked at a GM plant for a few years, till my shift was cut. I know there can be small differences, like one plant may have been using more sealant than another. Or a fixture used may have been slightly different than the other.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was referring to the 2001 to 2006, but its helpful for all years to know.

I worked at a GM plant for a few years, till my shift was cut. I know there can be small differences, like one plant may have been using more sealant than another. Or a fixture used may have been slightly different than the other.
So what does J mean?! Lol I never got a solid answer! :Big Laugh: