Which plant was better?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lanewvr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I'm in the market for a Sub, Tahoe, or Yukon. Is there a difference in which plant it made. I noticed there was Janesville, Arlington and Mexico. Is there one to avoid? Particular issues from one plant and not others? Thanks.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that I'm aware of; the answer to such a question would likely be known by those very experienced and familiar with these trucks. Mine's a Texan.

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
now there's something for you to ponder on.

@Lanewvr

are you aware of any such anomalies that may exist between make/model and the location from which it was manufactured across other brands? I would be interested in some examples, if anyone would be so kind as to inform us.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
You didn't say what year. Mine is also a Texan. as far as I know the Silao GTO MEX plant only produces trucks no suvs. I drove past that plant a couple of years ago, big place.too bad GM only pays them 15.00 usd a day.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought that by 2009 they were all made in Arlington. The 2500s were consolidated after a certain year and all built at Arlington if memory serves.