Which muffler for my 2015 suburban?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2k10silverTahoeLT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wanting to replace the muffler and will also remove the flapper valve, with that being said I have a couple mufflers to consider

1 and 2 chamber generic Flowmasters

18" long round case MagnaFlow

SLP Pro-Flo oval body muffler

****** Aero chamber

Which would you guys prefer to use?

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would put a 18" magnaflow and leave valve on for a bit less tone during cruising but that just me.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I wasn’t partial to a 3.5” exhaust system for my 6.2L Yukon XL Denali I would be getting an SLP exhaust system without hesitation.

My previous DD was a Trailblazer SS with Kooks 1-7/8” long tube headers and an SLP cat/back exhaust. Great tone at start up, zero drone around town, zero drone on the highway, and great sound at WOT.

Mangaflow is typically too quiet, barely even noticeable compared to stock.
Corsa’s sound good but are usually on the louder side.
SLP is a nice in between sound level with or without headers. And isn’t too raspy, clean deep tone and good sound level.

If SLP offered a 3-1/2” catback system I’d be going that route. But since they don’t I haven’t made a choice on an exhaust system yet.

lweisenb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had the magnaflow for the last year, it's fairly loud. I like it but my wife HATES it. I'm actually looking to either swap back to stop or go with something tamer since she is now the primary driver of the yukon.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the magnaflow for the last year, it's fairly loud. I like it but my wife HATES it. I'm actually looking to either swap back to stop or go with something tamer since she is now the primary driver of the yukon.
Maybe you could swap with someone? A couple of cuts and a couple of butt-joint type clamps, good to go...

lweisenb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was actually thinking that, im in Metro Detroit and would be down for that.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I'd love to help but I'm over here on the left coast. Shipping would kill me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan