Which cam would be best? 224/228 or 228r (112LSA)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Alright gentleman, I have been googling since 1800 this evening and I can't find the answers that I need.
Finally have the funds for cam, circle D 3200 stall, long tubes, shift kit, servo, cooler, water pump, timing chain and tune. I am looking at two options; TSP 228r, 112 LSA and a TSP 224/228 112 LSA.

I want: maximum lobe and performance. On the TSP site they state that both cams are similar, with the 228R having about a 7-8 horse gain over the 224/228.

This is just a toy, not a daily. There are plans for nitrous and a stage two trans next. Eventually I will go forced induction but I need more coin.

Also, if y'all know of a cheaper place to get a cam kit than TSP let me know.

Thank you guys for your help.

02DFWTahoe

Reaction score
If your planning on running forced induction, take a look at the ls9 cam. Looks like a lot of builders are running that cam. You should be able to pick it up pretty cheap as well.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TSP 22Or call Cam motion and get a custom cam cut for your goals.
That will net FAR more power and drivability while giving you exactly the idle what you want.

And just say no to the circle D converter.
Call PTC and get a custom made for you, a Tight 3K.

OR!

How about a Turbo kit? Sky is the limit power. But with a Turbo kit, look to PT.net and the "Triple 12" custom cam, A member on there Spec'd it out for a 5.3 Turbo truck. Alot of guys love it.
BNIB, Forsale on PT.net

This is the kit

DSC07498_zpsfa30e466.jpg