Which cabin filter? '15i

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was going to get a Bosch hepa filter (my wife has allergies, I don't, but I thought I would be nice)

Apparently they don't make them for the '15i Denali's...

What are people using for a nicer filter?

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered the fram baking soda one and the ac delco cf1188...
I guess that one has better filtration but I couldn't find anything definitive.

The fram is back ordered like 2 months. Silly.

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the acdelco filter in and it hums real loud. I double checked to see if I had it in right, and I had the arrow pointing up. I thought, well, maybe the arrow is supposed to be in the direction of airflow, so I flipped it. Same noise... hmmm...

Hopefully the baking soda one (which is 2 month back ordered) will be of a stiffer construction and not flap and hummm...

anyone else have this problem?

Texas70

Reaction score
I put the acdelco filter in and it hums real loud. I double checked to see if I had it in right, and I had the arrow pointing up. I thought, well, maybe the arrow is supposed to be in the direction of airflow, so I flipped it. Same noise... hmmm...

Hopefully the baking soda one (which is 2 month back ordered) will be of a stiffer construction and not flap and hummm...
anyone else have this problem?

I don't think it's the filter. Sounds like something fell into the blower motor/fan when changing. Blower motor/fan is below filter and debris can fall into it when removing old filter, happened to me when I changed my cabin air filter. Very annoying!

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh. I'll have to check that. That will be a pain in the arse to get out of something did.

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to try to use a small
Mirror to see what's in there. Hopefully I'll be able to reach what ever it is and remove it.

Texas70

Reaction score
I am going to try to use a small
Mirror to see what's in there. Hopefully I'll be able to reach what ever it is and remove it.
I used a mirror on mine and attached a smaller hose with duct tape to end of vacum hose to get mine out. A little southern ingenuity. It worked for me anyways. 20161103_222127.jpg

OP
OP
F

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks about right. That's how I fixed my a/c on my house lol!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu