When to do a rebuild?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope. No adjustability.

The shocks are fine and the overall ride is fine. Just took wife and our girls up to Top Golf in Ashburn. Wife commented on the smooth ride. My mind just plays tricks on me sometimes because I get **** about my vehicles.

sick1166

Full Access Member
Reaction score
07 140,000 new shocks and tires, brakes, water pump and hoses, pulleys, everything I can do owned since new today took it to the best suspension guy want all new bushings tie rod etc he looked at it and said all is good I said it would be like new if you replaced every thing he drove it and told me it would not drive any better with new bushings and front end linkage pit man ,idler, etc at this time all looks great believe me this guy wants my money but he said I dont need yet?

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's good to hear. My '08 is a few hundred miles from hitting 140k and I've got reasonably new shocks, brand new tires, new control arms/ball joints, reasonably new brakes.

I'm sitting tight and getting over my head (brain) issues. lol

OP
OP
08HoeCD

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After driving to and from the vacation spot 300 miles away, I'm here to tell you that my KYB shocks LOVE a fully-loaded vehicle more than a sparsely-loaded one. Not ready to get rid of them, but the heavier the rig the more they shine.

devious1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm near 120k and feel like i need some bushings replaced, but i do not know where to start. i've replaced the shocks/stuts and sway bar f/r bushings, but i'm sure there the control arm bushings and..... should be next?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sowegatahoe87