When is a tune needed.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ok so the cam is a better power to money gain vs lt headers? Then ill just get the MagnaFlow like on my last Tahoe and leave the rest alone till I née to replace them.

would the cable tune be fine for the job since I'm not going into big power range and to keep costs down.?

Cam and LTs would couple really well. If you were looking for one or the other, maybe go with LTs first since it is an easier install.

OP
OP
Drok

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not worried about installing them since I work at a Chevy dealer and one of the techs is more then happy to help / do it for me. Thankfully haha.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Drok

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jenna could you pm me or explain in here the cable tune price, process, I read the bbp site info but It was a little confusing to me. Something about tune price and cable rental, pcm swap etc...

I'll probably just do the muffler since I have the Cai already, about how long it's the current wait time?

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Jenna could you pm me or explain in here the cable tune price, process, I read the bbp site info but It was a little confusing to me. Something about tune price and cable rental, pcm swap etc...

I'll probably just do the muffler since I have the Cai already, about how long it's the current wait time?

For the scan cable tune, you will "rent" a cable to perform all the datalogging and the process is this:

-you send a deposit for the cable
-you receive the cable and perform datalogs
-you email the datalogs to the guys for them to analyze and build a tune off of
-you send $330 for the tune to be built and a deposit on a PCM $100
-a tune is loaded to the PCM and shipped to you
-you install the PCM, and use the scan cable to perform crank relearn as well as datalogging
-you email datalogs to the guys for review
-you return cable and stock PCM for refund of your deposits

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
OP
OP
Drok

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score