When in Texas, do as the Texans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CleverNDGuy

Reaction score
Alright a couple of months ago I did the 3 level to my 01 Yukon xl. And now I'm in west Texas working and most of my coworkers have 6" and better lifts on everything. So I figured since I'm out here I mind as well get it done here instead of going back to Georgia.
I have decided on a Rough Country 6" lift.
20x12 Ballistic or Fuel 5 or 6 Irock blades

Question is 33 or 35's??
Would - 44 offsets be doable
How much trimming will need to be done either way.

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright a couple of months ago I did the 3 level to my 01 Yukon xl. And now I'm in west Texas working and most of my coworkers have 6" and better lifts on everything. So I figured since I'm out here I mind as well get it done here instead of going back to Georgia.
I have decided on a Rough Country 6" lift.
20x12 Ballistic or Fuel 5 or 6 Irock blades

Question is 33 or 35's??
Would - 44 offsets be doable
How much trimming will need to be done either way.
if you wanna go big, get a 6-8 inch bulletproof lift with 35s or a 6-8 inch cognito

OP
OP
CleverNDGuy

CleverNDGuy

Reaction score
Already paid for the lift I just need to make a decision on the tires and wheels. Try to make it simple and easy.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Yes you can clear -44 on either tire. 33 almost no trim and 35 some trim. I prefer 33 for no immediate gear changing to drive it normally

OP
OP
CleverNDGuy

CleverNDGuy

Reaction score
Hey I'm glad you mentioned the gear changing. I totally forgot about that issue. And would wrather not bother with it initially.
So I won't need and specifc tuning if I go with the 33's huh??

Yes you can clear -44 on either tire. 33 almost no trim and 35 some trim. I prefer 33 for no immediate gear changing to drive it normally

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Hey I'm glad you mentioned the gear changing. I totally forgot about that issue. And would wrather not bother with it initially.
So I won't need and specifc tuning if I go with the 33's huh??

No not really just a regular tune and adjust tire size. Should drive with similar power to stock. Look for lightweight tires and wheels to keep power. Fuel wheels are known to be heavy.

OP
OP
CleverNDGuy

CleverNDGuy

Reaction score
Everyone has Fuel wheel out this way. So that's a no go for me. I'm probably going to go with a replica 5 or 6 blade Irock style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9