Wheel speed sensor replacement question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

osidesurfer365

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need to replace the sensors, will it cause an error code (not currently experiencing one) once I put the new ones in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
osidesurfer365

osidesurfer365

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Crazy how that little sensor threw everything off.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i put the drop spindles on my truck, after getting done both fronts were threw the code and even scanner showed 0 speed for like 50 or so miles. then code wents away and everything worked fine

OP
OP
osidesurfer365

osidesurfer365

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did your Stability Track, Abs and Traction error messages popping up on the dash?

No codes came up, I noticed it t wasn’t shifting right and speedometer wasn’t registering anything under 20 mph and later found out what the issue could be.

fsitechsa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No codes came up, I noticed it t wasn’t shifting right and speedometer wasn’t registering anything under 20 mph and later found out what the issue could be.

My daughters 05 Burb had the exact same problem. I troubleshot it down to a broken wire between the traction control computer and the wheel speed sensor on the output section of the transmission. The brake was dead center of the engine on top under that big plastic hood on the engine. I had to remove a bunch of original black tape and there it was. Don’t know if this is a unique fix or is common. I don’t even know how that happened. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT