Whats a yukon gt?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bad bow tie

Grizz Straight FTMFW
Reaction score
so a sport is the top of the line one?

I'm not sure if I would call it top of the line, but doesn't the sport have all the options and the z71 package? I know it came with fender flares and black bumpers, outlined red bow tie, etc. (the Sport) You could order a non sport model with all the options too with the chrome bumpers though. I want to say the GT is the same as the Sport, but labeled as a GMC, but I'm not positive.

did they only come as a 2dr?

Yes.

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine is a sport and has all the options, but i thought they all came with pretty much everything i have fender flares to tone green, and the red out lined emblem on the front,

anyone kno the difference between sport and z71?

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
The Sport and GT options were pretty much the same thing. They were both 4x4s with the the SLT trim level. Along with the flares, skid plates, paint job...

Z71 wasn't an option until 99

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
z71 has always been an option.

my 96 is a z71, says right in the RPo codes. :)

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
z71 has always been an option.

my 96 is a z71, says right in the RPo codes. :)

LoL so does mine.

First came out in '88 but wasn't wasn't really considered a package until '99/'00 when it evolved into its own model for the Tahoes.

OP
OP
roadrageror

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
Well I got to see the GT today. This was a pretty cool truck before. But fairly beat up now. I took a few pics but Internet is down. I emailed the previous owner for any info. The truck has a carb, no fuel injection. I remember it had a ton of power. Pass fender is dented, some bad scratches,35" tires are shot. But every time it got fixed it was at The dealship owned by his dad! And there is a ton of nice parts.. I might offer 3 grand. I'll post a pic soon.picture.jpg

Last edited:

95TwinTT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it has a carb on it, there may be some emissions laws to consider.

I don't think a dealer can sell a vehicle that has any of the stock emissions equipment compromised.

Something to check on. I could bring the price down if nothing else. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98