Whats a good obd2 scan tool that can scan abs and air bags

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm a Tech2 for 250 dollars, wow, last time I looked these were over 3k and that included the Candi Module. I myself use a Genisys and on my Gms it has been a godsend. It is one thing to know the codes but you also have to have the diagnostic tree to do something with it. GM ESi DVD is your friend.

How much was that one?

OP
OP
ivin74

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
The Chinese Tech2 clone....which I think is actually the original manufacturer of the million dollar version is actually the exact same thing and only costs $250 with all of the cables and modules.

Wow, thats a deal than

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score

UrbanSuburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Genisys I use cost me $899 from Network Tool Warehouse, about 6 years ago, it came complete up to 2008 at that time and also came with all the cables for the pre 96 obd1 vehicles. I did update two years ago for a cost of $699 and that gave me Heavy Truck, Domestic, Asian, European and ABS/Airbag. TPMS is also part of it, I just did not get two of the accessories for it. It can also read almost all of the modules on the vehicle. For instance on the GM Suburban 2004, there are 14 different computer nodes on it, including the HVAC stepper motors, ABS both read and run tests, Bleeding Abs Solenoids, etc. Although I don't use it much I did also get the 4 channel ocilliscope module as well. Only problem with the unit has been the battery which was not much good, a rc car battery solved that. As far as the unit itself, the muxer unit is really too big for the cable that connects to the obd2 port.

blown240

Reaction score

Randy651

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have any thought on a handheld scanner or phone/tablet scanner that does Codes, ABS, Transmission, and Live data? I have a normal code reader but need more. I have GMC, Ford, and Chevy so I would like it to work on all. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JayC33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have any thought on a handheld scanner or phone/tablet scanner that does Codes, ABS, Transmission, and Live data? I have a normal code reader but need more. I have GMC, Ford, and Chevy so I would like it to work on all. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
y

Sorry to revive an old thread, but if you are still looking for an answer to this, I also have the above mentioned BlueDriver, and it will do all you are asking here and then some. Great tool for the price.

MidwestMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And what does the Bluedriver do that the $20 - $40 unit don't?

"Officially licensed and certified for Apple and Android devices" does not mean a lot to me.

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so what you are saying is that any bluetooth obd2 reader will be able to read abs and airbag codes with the right app?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts