What would you do with this truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon96

Reaction score
Good looking truck. Because of the fender flares, the tires appear sunk into the wheel wells. I ran 2 inch spacers with the factory rims for a couple years till I found a set of rims off set an 1 1/2 inches. The front tires sit perfect on the front with the new rims, however, I would still like to add 1/2 inch spacers to the back to bring them out just a little more. It changes the whole look of the truck. Also, new head lights and tail lights would improve the look. After marking OEM looking lights by Eagle Eye look good, and are good quality as well as not expensive. No need for the running boards either. Have fun with it.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like a lot of the suggestions. I fully agree on getting the front tint to match the rest. I could rid the running boards as well with no detriment to me but the wife n 6yr old might disagree. Not a fan of lowering or going to 22's though. Black rims would look nice though right? Even if I painted what I have?

My headlights are quite sub par as well. I used to have the "night hawk" with the bluish tint but eventually settled for stock once they wore out. @Tonyrodz has graciously decided to ship me his replacements based on his true awesomeness and my shear lack of productivity ;)

Surprised nobody has mentioned exhaust tip or stereo.

I was mostly joking. I mean- an LS9 with high performance AWD conversion?

On a serious note, I'd say the first order of business would be some polished or chrome deep-dish wheels with less backspacing. I like black wheels on a silver truck, but something shiny would definitely work just as well. As what was mentioned, the stock wheels look tucked in and make the truck look "weaker". I'd get 'em sitting flush at least, or whatever you can do depending on what your state will allow for tires protruding from under the fenders/flares. Tint, exhaust tip, headlights, etc. are all small and cheaper mods that can be done whenever.

OP
OP
ISU-152

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lowering is a 100% no. Why? Cause it's a truck lol. But to me I like having clearance and running aggressive tires. (Almost a necessity for me with a very long "logging road" into my cottage. Takes about 20 minutes)

I appreciate everyone's input. I get the impression that most feel it's "ok" the way it is, but could use something.

I've owned this rig for roughly 6 years now and havnt done anything major mainly because I've liked it so much the way it is. But it might be time for a change I guess...we'll see what happens.

Again I appreciate the comments and I'd like to see more threads like this. The outside perspective can be rewarding in many ways

YukonandtheHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
12inch whiplash lift kit, 40''s on 24''s, LSX swap TT'd with a monster 4l80e :roflsquared:
Wait.. whats your budget? Lol

Countryboy07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, I'd do the following:

• Add some color matched handles
• Tint Front windows to match back
• Level
• 1.5 " body lift
• 16x10 or 17x9 Classic Bullet holes
• 305/70/16 or 285/70/17 A/T's
• Cat back exhaust exiting in the stock location.

Nice clean classic looking rig.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

YukonandtheHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whatever the gas mileage is to your shop from Toronto...see you in 2-3 days ;)
Well im aboot a fortnight round trip eh, if you do make it, ill get yah set up with one of them Canadian Tire turbo whistle exhaust tip's, some little tree's and a pack of Export-A's lol
:buttkick:

OP
OP
ISU-152

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well im aboot a fortnight round trip eh, if you do make it, ill get yah set up with one of them Canadian Tire turbo whistle exhaust tip's, some little tree's and a pack of Export-A's lol
:buttkick:
Oh I'd make it lad. Even if you couldn't fathom how many fathoms it would take...I'd be there for a free lift kit n tires from someone who knows what they're doing. Fathom that....Yaa...

YukonandtheHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh I'd make it lad. Even if you couldn't fathom how many fathoms it would take...I'd be there for a free lift kit n tires from someone who knows what they're doing. Fathom that....Yaa...
Well, on a serious note.. i do have a 3 inch body lift and some 35" tires on some fancy smansy 1/2 ton rim's that im not doing anything with.. too bad im literally 100km from Alaska border and your on the Atlantic
Id totally hook a brother up!

OP
OP
ISU-152

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, on a serious note.. i do have a 3 inch body lift and some 35" tires on some fancy smansy 1/2 ton rim's that im not doing anything with.. too bad im literally 100km from Alaska border and your on the Atlantic
If you're installing for a good price I'd drive n make a good trip out of it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC