What would you do with this truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20160918_143729.jpg

What would you guys do to this truck? It's a 99 LT 4x4. Pretty much fully loaded and I can't think of what it's missing. I have the original spec sheet somewhere. Tranny cooler, leather, 4x4 blah blah blah.

Has firestone bags on the rear, yellow top optima battery, sky jacker shocks and Kumho M/T's all around. Debadged front with painted grille, bumpers on both ends. And some air intake I took off my brothers 98 Cheyenne. Also Taylor wires (blue).

I have to take care of the tailgate/front door rust (which isn't too bad) and a huge crack on my bumper. But other then that what would you guys like to see?

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tint. Rims and tires. Nothing too big or it will be even harder on fuel. Our fuel prices are high enough no need to own a gas station lol.

What are you looking to do with it ?

^^This. Tires or at least different wheels to start and tint. LEDs interior. Truck looks good. Had a 1994 Chevrolet 1500 Extended Cab and all I did was the wheels, tires, tint, new head unit and 8"sub under rear seat. Loved that truck.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tint
Color match the handles
Lose the running boards
10/12 drop
LS9/built 6L80E/NV149 swap
4-link the rear on coilovers
Custom/fully adjustable tubular arms with coilover conversion up front
22" forged wheels with sticky 335/25ZR22 on all corners
Fuzzy dice on the mirror

OP
OP
ISU-152

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like a lot of the suggestions. I fully agree on getting the front tint to match the rest. I could rid the running boards as well with no detriment to me but the wife n 6yr old might disagree. Not a fan of lowering or going to 22's though. Black rims would look nice though right? Even if I painted what I have?

My headlights are quite sub par as well. I used to have the "night hawk" with the bluish tint but eventually settled for stock once they wore out. @Tonyrodz has graciously decided to ship me his replacements based on his true awesomeness and my shear lack of productivity ;)

Surprised nobody has mentioned exhaust tip or stereo.

OP
OP
ISU-152

ISU-152

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tint. Rims and tires. Nothing too big or it will be even harder on fuel. Our fuel prices are high enough no need to own a gas station lol.

What are you looking to do with it ?
Tint, rims but not tires. Maybe a BB tune to know everything is tops

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it depends on your taste. You mentioned no lowering. Is there a reason, Even a 2 inch read drop or leveling kit for the front goes a long way. Fron what I've seen out there painting the wheels black has mixed results. If you use plasti-coat the color is a dull black. There are tons of parts out there for these and most are cheap. I'd look at the grill, headlights, mirrors (not new, just body paint matched. Debadging is basically free but makes a big difference. Sounds like you're off to a great start.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zeronightwolf