What to do about my autoride

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Firewolf

Reaction score
I have a 2000 NBS Chevy Tahoe 4x4, 5.3, with autoride suspension. Just recently, my rear shocks have blown out, and I haven’t heard my compressor in about two weeks. So my debate is whether to replace with oe quality parts, (i.e.- Arnott or Suncore replacement parts) or get a conversion kit (like the one Arnott carries) to move to a standard shock system. So I ask, what have those of you with this problem done in the past? Thanks in advance! Have a safe and happy New Year! 34f0ac76f6d7ec0a96ec9b2be0744f05.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you don`t tow a really heavy trailer just get a set of good quality shocks and bolt them in place of the autoride junk. If you tow a big trailer you can get some Z71 springs or helper air bags either one will work well.

I kept the autoride springs and have billstein 5100 shocks on all four corners and it rides and handles better than before. I have a6x12 trailer and loaded it`s only about three thousand pounds and it tows it just fine all day at 75 mph.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I liked it too but when my second brand new OEM compressor died inside of three years i had enough and switched over.
I replaced mine with a dorman compressor about a year and a half ago and so far no problems with the compressor. I lost my passenger side air shock over the summer and had to replace them a second time. Irritating but so far no problems with air ride since.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts