What suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yasmoni

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, right now on my 05 tahoe I have a 3in lift, with no aftermarket suspension, and leveled. This summer I'm looking at getting myself a 6in lift, but no idea on what to get. For the most part, its my everyday vehicle with the occasional off road adventure. When I get the kit I'll be upgrading to 35x12.5x18, right now I have 305x70s and keeping the same rims. Any suggestions on what to get would be appreciated

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, right now on my 05 tahoe I have a 3in lift, with no aftermarket suspension, and leveled. This summer I'm looking at getting myself a 6in lift, but no idea on what to get. For the most part, its my everyday vehicle with the occasional off road adventure. When I get the kit I'll be upgrading to 35x12.5x18, right now I have 305x70s and keeping the same rims. Any suggestions on what to get would be appreciated
If you have no budget then bds, fabtech, and zone are all good ones, but if you have a budget the cheapest you can get is rough country. Rough country isn't bad but it's the basic lift, just gives you what you need to go higher. The others give you the extras to keep most of the angles the same as the stock angles and keep stock ride quality. BDS also offers a 4.5" lift and you could probably get 35s on with some trimming if you don't want to go all the way to 6"

BigDaddy13440

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You can either take out the 3" lift and put the 6" in, or you can just add a 3" body lift to achieve the same ride height. A 6" lift is going to run you at least $1200 minimum, and labor costs unless you can do it yourself. The 3" BL is under $350, and can be done in your own driveway, if you are even halfway mechanically inclined.
I cleared 35's on my old Suburban with just 3" keys and some judicious metal trimming, I'm using the same keys and adding a 3" Zone body lift to my current Yukon XL, shouldn't have to trim anything more than plastic.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have no budget then bds, fabtech, and zone are all good ones, but if you have a budget the cheapest you can get is rough country. Rough country isn't bad but it's the basic lift, just gives you what you need to go higher. The others give you the extras to keep most of the angles the same as the stock angles and keep stock ride quality. BDS also offers a 4.5" lift and you could probably get 35s on with some trimming if you don't want to go all the way to 6"

Rough Country also gives you the clearance you want without messing with your angles too. Just my two cents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972