what suspension should i get?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99_2door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
actually doesnt have to be suspension, prob more along the lines of a body lift or leveling kit i would imagine. thinking about putting some 285/70/17's on z71 wheels off an 05 tahoe. they are about 33" tall i think. right now my 99 2 door is stock and i hate the stance with the front being lower. what would be my best option to level it out and clear the 33's? the truck wont be a rock crawler or anything, just want to improve the stance of it and run bigger tires. i'm having a hard time finding just how many inches i need to go up for clearance and finding a quality built kit. thanks!

edit---would it make sense just to crank the bars a little and call it a day? i'd like to avoid a body lift if possible.

Last edited:

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
crank the bars a little, that should give you 1-1.5" with out a problem I think. just make sure you are not on the bump stops

Bad bow tie

Grizz Straight FTMFW
Reaction score
Cranking the bars a little bit will clear that size tire with no major problems. You may have a bit of rubbing, but not likely if you're putting on a stock GM wheel. Make sure not to over crank the bars as it puts more stress on the suspension components. Also be sure to crank the bars evenly..count the threads that you are going up to make it even. I'm running a 285/75/16 on my truck with minimal cranking and have yet to rub.

---------- Post added at 09:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

You could also buy a set of torsions keys too and go that route.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
keys aren't really needed for the OBS trucks, the stock keys should crank until you hit the stops...if they can't the torsion bars are shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts