What shocks for bagged Tahoe?

Discussion in 'Street Suspension' started by tylermcquarrie, Jul 15, 2017.

Sponsored By: DJM Belltech
  1. tylermcquarrie

tylermcquarrie TYF Newbie

Name:
    Tyler
    I built a 2015 Tahoe for SEMA a few years ago. In typical SEMA fashion, it was a thrash to get done so we left the stock shocks on it and we are running the Accuair bag system. I love the Accuair system but the ride sucks now that it has some miles on it! I'm getting mixed advice on what shocks but a majority say to go with the Bilstein 5100. Anyone run the 5100 and how is the ride? My wife wants me to take off the bags unless I can get the ride quality up. Help!

It also has a magnuson supercharger and PFC big brake kit. We used the AREO wrap and I love the HRE wheels. The camera jib came off after the show and is my wife's daily now tahoe.jpg IMG_7168-wm_0.jpg

2. Tahoe14

Tahoe14 Full Access Member

Name:
    Gary
    I would check with the vendor NorcalSS who advertises and gives advice on this forum in the "Suspension" section. He seems to be very knowledgeable.

kwOH likes this.
  3. gat0r

gat0r Full Access Member

Name:
    Jay
    ^ +1 PM Tony @NORCAL SS

your how looks good
    stock pulley on your TVS? is it 1900 or 2300?

@ your pics ride height, that about 3.5-4" down from stock? scrap anything besides the air dam?

4. Kpwweb

Kpwweb Full Access Member

Name:
    Keith
    5100s are awesome. Ride is great and controlled. They have digressive valving--they are stiffer at first then get milder with more movement. Hard to describe, but for me it is perfect. I have had many compliments on the ride quality.