What shocks for bagged Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tylermcquarrie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I built a 2015 Tahoe for SEMA a few years ago. In typical SEMA fashion, it was a thrash to get done so we left the stock shocks on it and we are running the Accuair bag system. I love the Accuair system but the ride sucks now that it has some miles on it! I'm getting mixed advice on what shocks but a majority say to go with the Bilstein 5100. Anyone run the 5100 and how is the ride? My wife wants me to take off the bags unless I can get the ride quality up. Help!

It also has a magnuson supercharger and PFC big brake kit. We used the AREO wrap and I love the HRE wheels. The camera jib came off after the show and is my wife's daily nowtahoe.jpgIMG_7168-wm_0.jpg

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check with the vendor NorcalSS who advertises and gives advice on this forum in the "Suspension" section. He seems to be very knowledgeable.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ +1 PM Tony @NORCAL SS

your how looks good
stock pulley on your TVS? is it 1900 or 2300?

@ your pics ride height, that about 3.5-4" down from stock? scrap anything besides the air dam?

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5100s are awesome. Ride is great and controlled. They have digressive valving--they are stiffer at first then get milder with more movement. Hard to describe, but for me it is perfect. I have had many compliments on the ride quality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345