What Price?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02_Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know I haven’t posted anything in a while and that’s because I’m away at school and don’t have the money for anything. But this coming summer I’m going to need to sell my tahoe. It will be a sad day but it needs to be done. It needs some time and work that I can’t give it. So my question to you guys is how much do you think I should get for it

It has:
•New NiCad brake lines
•2 new calipers
•New pitman and idler arm
•New inner and outer tie rod ends
•I will be buying new CV axles, camber/caster bolts, new guide pins for camber/caster bolts
•2 year old alternator

Work it needs:
•Passenger side rocker has bad rust
•New shocks
•Maybe new intake manifold gaskets (not too sure)
•Drivers seat not in the greatest condition

Upgrades:
•3 inch lift
•18x10 -24 MotoMetal MO970
•275/70R18 Kanati trail hogs
•Custom cat-back with a flow master super 10 muffler
•Blackbear 87/89 tune (flex fuel truck so was tuned for E85) with sport mode
•2 12” MTX subwoofers
•kenwood 6.5” door speakers
•Sony head unit

About the truck:
•4WD
•256k miles (only thing that will make people scared of the truck)
•trans rebuilt at 223k
•LS trim
•leather seats
•3rd row seating
•Color matched mirrors and bumper cap
•20% tint on front windows

I’m hoping for 3k but Im asking you guys because of course I will think it’s worth more than it is. Thanks for any help

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are going to go ahead and fix the CV axles, then you might as well replace the shocks, intake manifold gaskets (if they are indeed leaking) and fix the seat. If you fix those things then you will have much better luck getting $3k or maybe even $3500 for it. But as soon as the buy sees a hacked up seat and 256k miles, they will only wanna pay $2000 or so. The seat will be one of the biggest issues I would think. Nobody wants to sit on a seat that looks like two Rottweilers have been chewing on it. And if the shocks and CV axles are bad enough that you will definitely notice it during a test drive, then I would make sure to fix those too. If you do all the work yourself, it should not be much at all to fix that. Best of all, since you are selling it, you can buy the absolute cheapest parts you can find!! Who gives a shit if it only had a 30 day warranty? It's the buyers problem if it fails in a few months, not yours.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are going to go ahead and fix the CV axles, then you might as well replace the shocks, intake manifold gaskets (if they are indeed leaking) and fix the seat. If you fix those things then you will have much better luck getting $3k or maybe even $3500 for it. But as soon as the buy sees a hacked up seat and 256k miles, they will only wanna pay $2000 or so. The seat will be one of the biggest issues I would think. Nobody wants to sit on a seat that looks like two Rottweilers have been chewing on it. And if the shocks and CV axles are bad enough that you will definitely notice it during a test drive, then I would make sure to fix those too. If you do all the work yourself, it should not be much at all to fix that. Best of all, since you are selling it, you can buy the absolute cheapest parts you can find!! Who gives a shit if it only had a 30 day warranty? It's the buyers problem if it fails in a few months, not yours.
might as well keep it at that point

Erickk120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He has a vicious butt ok, No reason to insult his seat foam!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01