What oil filter do you use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spyboy49

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Purolator One and synthetic oil. I've used them on my '04 Yukon, '06 Buick Lucerne CSX (BIG Northstar V-8), and before it was totaled, my 2001 Chrysler 300M. I would go anywhere between 5K - 6K miles between changes. Never had an issue and the oil looked pretty good at the changes. There was some research and testing on filters a few years ago and if I recall correctly, Purolator One, Mobil One, K&N, and Wix came out on top. Used a Fram (it was free) on my mom's Mazda and it leaked after 1K miles. That was the last time I used "agent orange".

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last time I used a fram filter it blew the seal on startup and sprayed oil all over the garage floor. Sounded like a garden hose.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mobil 1 M1-107 Extended Performance Oil Filter:
  • Provides long-life performance for today's longer drain intervals
  • Effectively removes contaminants, with a 99.6 percentage Multi-Pass Efficiency Rating and an advanced synthetic fiber blend media
  • Holds double the contaminants compared to other filters, with 28.0 grams of total capacity
  • Withstands nine times normal system operating pressure, for exceptional protection up to 615 pascals per square inch
  • Prevents dry starts by eliminating internal leakage during shutdown through the use of a silicone anti-drain back valve (where required by OEM)

Mobil 1 5W-30 High Mileage Full Synthetic Motor Oil

Last edited:

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Supertech Oil filter thats made by Wix now and Supertech Oil dino and syn, made by warren oil. I am a bitog fan

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AC Delco..Plan on switching to Mobil 1 next oil change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons