What "must have" option bumped you to the next trim level?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cohlmeyer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Bucket seats in the rear. I like the open passthru between seats. You lose a spot for one person, but I don't haul around a soccer team either.

SLT has a/c seats also. Nah/sun/entertainment package also is nice.

04ctd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the Durangos are ~$!5k cheaper, at a quick glance:

the 2016 LT Burb stickered at 62k, IIRC
the 2017 duranog was 52k, but optioned like an LTZ would be.

and yes, the small center console is really the only quibble so far.

i like that you can be in stop & go traffic, let off the brake and the durango will match traffic up to 20mph automatically. it will even dead stop itself & pause if traffic stops.

not being a troll, just saying after many years and many miles in a NNBS, i was not impressed with the new SUV, and offering an opinion

i do not think the Durango has the panache or dazzle of a Tahoe or Suburban, but if you are buying those for your ego, you prolly would get an Escalade anyways.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the Durangos are ~$!5k cheaper, at a quick glance:

the 2016 LT Burb stickered at 62k, IIRC
the 2017 duranog was 52k, but optioned like an LTZ would be.

and yes, the small center console is really the only quibble so far.

i like that you can be in stop & go traffic, let off the brake and the durango will match traffic up to 20mph automatically. it will even dead stop itself & pause if traffic stops.

not being a troll, just saying after many years and many miles in a NNBS, i was not impressed with the new SUV, and offering an opinion

i do not think the Durango has the panache or dazzle of a Tahoe or Suburban, but if you are buying those for your ego, you prolly would get an Escalade anyways.
That's a nice walk back. However:

the 16 dash looks like a parts bin cobble together. I started a thread on the things most ppl dislike about the 15/16, but if you have not had a long term NNBS, you don't really think the new SUV's are sub-performers./QUOTE]
The only purpose of a post like that is to make yourself feel better at our expense, or to try to create a poor sense in our minds about the purchase decision we made. I have no use for either. Do us all a favor here, take that act to the Durango forum where I'm sure they will be happy to hear it.

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@04ctd I hear you man. You got burned on your 2015 with an AFM failure. I'd be upset about that. However, you then purchase a 2017 (which is the same as the 2015) and you're dissatisfied with everything about it. That makes no sense what so ever.

If I got burned on a 2015 with catastrophic engine failure, you can bet your ass I wouldn't buy the same vehicle 2 model years newer. I'd buy a different brand all together and tell Chevy to pound sand (kind of what you did with your Durango).

I wouldn't go back to a Chevy forum and tell everyone how garbage said vehicle was though. Big 3 supporters are generally die hard fans. Some of them could have catastrophic engine failure and buy a brand new.... wait a minute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjhorst14

Latest posts