What "must have" option bumped you to the next trim level?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mwbutcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the denali leather is nicer than the SLT but isn't the SLT even a step up from the std LT Leather? I know the SLT is perforated while the LT is smooth.

From the book that came with my 2017 Yukon, no leather for SLE and the Denali and SLT share the same colors/quality except the Denali get an additional color selection and extra stitching. Out dealer brought a leather swatch fob so to speak and we were able to look over the samples. We looked hard at the Denali but my wife and I both preferred the SLT interior without the extra stitching. I have the vented front seats so I assume another reason perforated. We also briefly looked at the Tahoe's interior but again, our preference was the Yukon's. I couldn't find my Tahoe book to check what they said about it's leather appointment.

20170622_144840.jpg

sickk23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's leather or vinyl? I know on the last gen the Denali and Escalade had naunce (excluding platinum) while all others were vinyl.

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say center sections are leather while all others are vinyl. I don't know but basing it on feel and wear.

Mwbutcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the third row is leather or vinyl? I have buckets on the second row and those seem to be the same leather as the front seats but it don't know about the third row? I know on the sofa they could call it leather if you could touch it so the sides and backs were some other material not sure how GM deals with the seats? I'd say in my Yukon that the bottom of the seat looks and feels like leather and the sest back it looks like the center section. I'm not sure again about the sides it is a little hard to tell because it's all coated leather which I think helps conceal the transition.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if nobody can tell then they are using either really crappy leather or really amazing vinyl.

WillCO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always go for the highest trim level with the most options, unless it was a jeep!
That's always been my approach too. In the case of the Tahoe, I simply did not find the $ jump between the LT and the LTZ to make sense based on the equipment differences. I personally did not assign any value to the suspension upgrade, based on multiple previous experiences with computer-controlled suspensions.

If the Sport package (whatever they're calling it) had been available in 2016, I would definitely have spring for that, though.

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always been anti pleather like the stuff they use in BMW's but I'm evolving. It makes more sense to put in that fake stuff that last longer in these trucks that run forever. 15 years and 255k and the drivers seat is the only ugly thing in my interior

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if nobody can tell then they are using either really crappy leather or really amazing vinyl.

I think it's really good vinyl...

I've always been anti pleather like the stuff they use in BMW's but I'm evolving. It makes more sense to put in that fake stuff that last longer in these trucks that run forever. 15 years and 255k and the drivers seat is the only ugly thing in my interior

Same here but the pleather stuff seems to last a lot longer and doesn't get as worn and wrinkled nearly as quick. However, nothing beats the smell of a brand new car with leather and of course the feel of that new leather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505